Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Contagious Itching

Posted In: Skin conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 7, 2007
  • 09:52 AM

Hello,

I've found that recently I have been experiencing an odd itching problem. I seem to itch during the night, especially, rarely during the day, but the main problem seems to be that people around scratch more than normal. I went to a dermatologist about this and he seemed to find no insect and kind of dismissed my claim but it's really upsetting. People around me in class start scratching, on the bus, on trains, etc. People who have no common cause to scratch save my presence, my friends also seem to notice but don't want to say anything and I am too ashamed to talk about it. Basically those within a certain radius of me scratch more than those who are far away, it's definitely not fleas, and even though I carefully looked for insects, no effect. Washed my clothes and wore them straight away after a shower and got the same effect.

It may sound psychological but I am sure of this, I've seen it too frequently, even when I am not thinking about it and only notice once I see the higher incidence of scratching around me. Oddly I normally don't itch during this time itching mostly during the night. It's really driving me crazy, any thoughts?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• i have the same f***ing problem except i don't itch AT ALL what is wrong... trust the original poster and my words.. it is NOT psychological.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 8, 2014
    • 02:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Fungal infection
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 14, 2014
    • 00:37 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement