Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Bumps on vagina.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 38 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 28, 2007
  • 07:21 AM

I have recently noticed pimple like bumps on my vagina, not on the inside of the inner labia or around the vaginal opening, but between the inside of the lips and between where the labia minora hang. I haven't been to the doctor yet, but will be going next week. I have looked at several pictures on three types viruses including herpes, hpv, and molluscum. None of these look like what I have. These bumps are practically invisible and have not itch, but you can see them if you pull the skin tight. It looks almost like chicken skin. I've never noticed this before, but I thought once before that I had hpv and went to the doctor several times and was fine. Now I'm suffering anxiety about this to the extent that I can't sleep. Does normal vaginal labia just look like this? Am I being paranoid? I think I may be, but I can't stop thinking about it. I've read a few forums with similar questions, but the only answers were from very young girls who were not sexually active, but I can't rule out an STD or STI. Any opinions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

38 Replies:

• i would suggest that they are normal glands that look like little tiny white pimples/papilla. it is normal for the labia minora, prepuce, and opening around the vagina to have these little glands and nothing to worry about. the skin often has a bumpy texture. its nothing to worry about, but sadly the lack of information and lack of realistic visual representations of women's anatomy leads to common fears that our bodies are abnormal. if you're still worried, but go to the gyno and i'm sure they will tell you its normal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2007
    • 09:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same exact thing as you!!! every symptom was right at the target, but i also did notice that in the inner but not inside lips i did have a few clear tiny tiny bumps coming out too, im scared because im only 16 and my mom doesnt know ive had sex before
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 3, 2007
    • 01:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same exact thing as you!!! every symptom was right at the target, but i also did notice that in the inner but not inside lips i did have a few clear tiny tiny bumps coming out too, im scared because im only 16 and my mom doesnt know ive had sex beforecompletely normal!!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 8, 2007
    • 05:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • it's normal. i have the same thing, and i have had 3 kids and get my yearly regularly. all my tests are normal and my gyno has never said anything about it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 9, 2007
    • 02:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had these rough bumps on at about the 6 o'clock position under my vaginal opening, I have no idea what they are. They dont seem to be getting any larger. Could they be like scar tissue, cause when I have sex with my fiance, when I go to the bathroom afterward there is a little bit of blood. Could I be tearing the skin and not know it and these bumps just be the skin healing itself? Please help, I am getting really worried about what it could be.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 06:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Never assume anything; get a pap and blood test for herpes 2.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 1, 2008
    • 00:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i recently have had a bump on my vagina and its on the outer opening and its huge i havent looked it up in books or anything but i am truley hoping that you would know what it is if i sqeez it nothing will come out so im guessing its coming in on the inside growing out on to my vagina skin it comes and goes because ive had it befor i just never knew what it was so if you could help me out that would be great!!!!! thanx alot
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2009
    • 06:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a clogged pore to me. Apparently they run very deep in the outer labia. I remember getting one when I was about 15 and made myself an appointment with my doctor to check it out (thought I had cancer). He just confirmed that it was a clogged pore and to soak in a warm tub periodically. I've had a couple since and it will eventually get a "head" on it like a pimple. Gross, I know, but hey... Just keep an eye on it. If it's not really bothering you and eventually goes away, it's probably nothing to worry about. Cindy
    laidbackmomto2 14 Replies
    • February 20, 2009
    • 01:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just recently noticed that i have a bump on the outer part of my vagina and i know for a fact it cant be any form of std because i have never had sex. its just outside of the vagina and its very painful im just afraid it might be some kind of cancer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have the same problem! in my inner lip der is a line of little bumps n i fort it was abnormal or a sti. and i have tiny white spot in my outer lip . is dis normal ???
  • I agree I am an adult female and at the moment not sexually active and start noticing these white pimple like bumps on the outside of my vagina area. I assumed they were white heads because its skin too just like the face, but I'm getting really concerned? I'm going to see an appointment with a doctor? But is it common I'm african american does it happen to caucasian women or women of other ethnicities too? How common is it? It didn't start happening to me till I was around twenty or so.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2010
    • 00:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Dear Guest #1, I stumbled upon your post about ten minutes ago, and I do have an answer. Probably by now you have gotten your answer, but I would like to share this information with anyone else who finds this thread. The tiny bumps around the vaginal opening are called Bartholin's Glands. They secrete lubricant for the labia minora so as to decrease irritation from friction (walking, sex, etc). Vaginal lubrication occurs from deeper inside of the walls of the vagina, thus the Bartholins Glands are specialized just for the labia minora. The vaginal opening is actually slightly projected from the body, with shallow chasms on either side between the opening and the labia minora. Inside those shallow chasms lie the Barthorlin's Glands. If one looks at herself in the mirror and spreads her labia minora to observe her vaginal opening, she will more than likely not notice these tiny nodes. They are often no larger than 0.5mm. It is only when she applies more tension to her labia to further expose her opening and "bring out" the enclosed chasms that they become noticibble. What is most confusing about these bumps is, first, most people don't know they exist. They are often mistaken for HPV warts. This is especially so since during vinegar tests, the quickest test for HPV, Balthorin's Glands turn white, just like warts. They can also resemble HPV warts if the gland becomes clogged and swells or develops a cyst. Unfrotunately information on female sexual anatomy is not very well published for layperson availability, and we lose out on a lot of information like this. It is advisable that a young woman who is going through puberty and/or planning to engage in consensual sexual activity to investigate herself with a mirror to find some of these finer points of her anatomy. In addition to Bartholin's Glands, a young woman may develop skin tags that resemble little round warts, and she ought to monitor the appearence of her genitalia before she begins sexual activity so as to be able to recognize abnormalities on her body. Examining oneself may seem awkward at first. Start basic and observe the obvious, and week by week further the exploration into the deeper regions of the exterior and interior genitalia. Whether one explores all of herself in one evening or over one month, she must be familiar with her anatomy. A woman is responsible for insuring her own health, and doing so is the ultimate act of self respect. Don't feel down if you haven't done this for yourself yet... begin to explore yourself today as a means of maintaining your health into the future. Think of this as being analogous to a breast self-exam. Different region, same concept of monitoring one's own health. I hope this has been helpful. Keep an eye out for yourselves and stay healthy. You only get one body in a lifetime, and it must be taken care of in order for you to enjoy it.
    Ender26508 1 Replies
    • February 3, 2010
    • 08:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have these too,and i'm hoping that they're not hpv, because sometimes the early symptoms of hpv are decribed in this way.good luck, and if anyone could post links to early female hpv infection in this area, i'd be grateful.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2010
    • 10:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have this as well, and I was freaking out about it too.. I was looking at every possibility of what it could be. I know it can't be an STD, mainly cuz I have had a physical in the last year and was clear. Then I thought I was abnormal and I'm actually scared to go to the gyno cuz I'm scared of finding out that (its a far stretch) I have cervical cancer. I know its probably not a possibility because it doesn't run in my family. Then I came across your post, and found out that I am not the only one that has this problem, a lot of people do. Thank you for asking, but I am beginning to think that it is completely normal.
  • completely normal!!!!!Ummm you have clear tiny bumps?? You should see a doctor IMMEDIATELY! It could be herpes. Go to a walk in clinic, its confidential. Or if you can tell your mom and ask her to take you.God Bless, I hope its nothing
  • I go to my doc for my physical (pap and STD testing) every year and have never had anything. I too have noticed these little white pimple like things on my labia minora (the lips) when they are slightly stretched and I want to know if this is normal or if I have something. You have to look really close or its not visible but its driving me crazy. Nothing seems to happening (there's no fluid or puss or anything coming out, it doesnt hurt)... I've been looking up medical websites for hours and can't find anything on this. The closest thing was the hpv but it doesnt look like the photos. The information here led me to come to new information but not exactly like what I see. If anyone finds anything on this or can forward any information that would be great. I hope that all you ladies are okay and its nothing to worry about. This is a great site. Wishing for Peace <3
  • I am sooo happy i stumbled on this site, because i too have these axact symptoms. Its all i can think about, and im very sexually active so ive been really self concious about it lol. thanks!
  • I have recently noticed pimple like bumps on my vagina, not on the inside of the inner labia or around the vaginal opening, but between the inside of the lips and between where the labia minora hang. I haven't been to the doctor yet, but will be going next week. I have looked at several pictures on three types viruses including herpes, hpv, and molluscum. None of these look like what I have. These bumps are practically invisible and have not itch, but you can see them if you pull the skin tight. It looks almost like chicken skin. I've never noticed this before, but I thought once before that I had hpv and went to the doctor several times and was fine. Now I'm suffering anxiety about this to the extent that I can't sleep. Does normal vaginal labia just look like this? Am I being paranoid? I think I may be, but I can't stop thinking about it. I've read a few forums with similar questions, but the only answers were from very young girls who were not sexually active, but I can't rule out an STD or STI. Any opinions?I'm so glad I read this, I have EXACTLY the same thing so glad im not the only one! , youve explained it really well. Iv been really worrying about it as I just noticed it a couple of days ago and cant get it off my mind. What did the doctors say about it? Im not sure whether to go or not, I dont want to look stupid and look like Im over reacting but its bothering me.
  • Mines is in the same place and they are very fine in size and have no pain at all to them my mom says that since i am not old(i'm 15) that it's just my body going through changes. Neither am i sexually active but could it probably be from a dye or fabric irritating the skin?
  • You can have a normal pap smear if you do not have hpv is not on cervix. Meaning it is possible to have hpv on your libia minora or libia majora. I know because i found out the hard way after 23 years of being with the same someone. I was recently diagnosed with hpv and had the condyloma outbreak. The doctor stated that most women have hpv but only those that have their immune system compromised by something such as pregnancy, surgery, stress, cold or something and if your body can't fight it off then we are the ones that get the condyloma. They state that 2 out of every 3 women by the time they are 70 will have had been in contact with hpv. most men have it but since they aren't tested they most likely are carriers until they get a genital wart that is when they get diagnosed as being a carrier. I had to go to 7 doctors in order to get properly diagnosed so be careful and if you feel in your hear of hearts that something is wrong get a second opinion just to be safe since those little condyloma critters could becaome vey BIG ones and VERY quickly since they are contagious. I was SOOOO stressed but when I found the right doctor and was explained eerything I now longer felt ashamed or dirty or like **** anymore. The med that they apply doesnt really hurt at all. it sting for about 5 seconds and that was it. DONE and it looks PRETTY again. LOL. Good luck and I wish you well and will say a pray for you. I have this as well, and I was freaking out about it too.. I was looking at every possibility of what it could be. I know it can't be an STD, mainly cuz I have had a physical in the last year and was clear. Then I thought I was abnormal and I'm actually scared to go to the gyno cuz I'm scared of finding out that (its a far stretch) I have cervical cancer. I know its probably not a possibility because it doesn't run in my family. Then I came across your post, and found out that I am not the only one that has this problem, a lot of people do. Thank you for asking, but I am beginning to think that it is completely normal.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement