Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Night sweats and low grade fever w Hep C

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: mrsbee1167
  • September 28, 2006
  • 05:09 AM

I have Hep C and just told in Oct 2005. I have been told it is chronic, but not sure if so. I used symptom checker on this sight and found that the night sweats and low grade fever amoung other side effect are common in patients with acute Hep C.
I have been told that the is very small amount of liver scarring, and that my liver funtion test are better then my own docs. It took almost 4 mnths of blood testing to get postive hep c. All these are indicators of acute hep c, right???? Can some one help me??? With the symptoms I have right now my doc will not start the treatment. We have done all the test to see if I may have a 2nd underlining disease, and not yet has there been any thing. :confused: I need to know if I am just hep c , or if other things could be the problem, and I need to know so I can start treatment soon. later

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• After getting a hard knot in my upper right abdomen with severe tenderness and pain they did a CT Scan on me thinking I had a hernia and found out instead I had an enlarged liver and spleen and 3 series of blood test I was diagnosized with Chronic Hep C the 4th blood test said it was a low grade and that I would not need any treatment I am very confused..Can someone help me understand this better and thankyou!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 06:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The Geno types are 1,2,3. Mine is 1, and even with treatment I only have a 50-50 chance of iradicating it. There is also several types of Hep, and that could be a determining fact. talk more to your doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 10:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The treatment for Hep C is not started untill you have begun to have liver fibrosis because of the risk to benefit ratio of the side effects of the drugs. Also some genotypes of the virus do not have as good of response to the drugs so they do not use them in those genotypes because they can do more harm than good.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 22, 2007
    • 01:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The Geno types are 1,2,3. Mine is 1, and even with treatment I only have a 50-50 chance of iradicating it. There is also several types of Hep, and that could be a determining fact. talk more to your doctor..with geno type 1 do u sweat every day with ur hair dripping? even without doing very much .a cup of tea , hoovering and my head is dripping! there may be a new drug out in 2 yrs time to keep it at bay...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2008
    • 08:59 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement