Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Seizure-like symptoms but tests normal

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 28, 2006
  • 02:21 AM

The story below has been submitted anonymously through our
'Share your story' feature:

My daughter has been having seizure like symptoms. She knows when the episodes are about to happen. Shortly after, all color in her skin drains, she passes out, her eyes roll back in her head, her breathing gets severely labored, drool comes out her mouth, and her whole body shakes severely; she doesn't wet herself.

After a few seconds to minutes, she comes out of it. She might have just one or start to come out of it and go right back into it several times. I've been told by one of her teachers that she stopped breathing during the time when she had nine back to back.

Afterwards her blood pressure is low, she still has some shakiness, very tired, and says its hard to think.

The doctors say all the test are coming back to normal and they think she is having a psychosomatic disorder. I have checked several places and cannot find anything with these symptoms for psychosomatic disorders.

Any ideas?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hello, I am sorry to hear about your daughter, I know that it can be very frustrating. I myself am going through this, I am 43 and have had these same symptoms for a year now. EEG's came back normal, they are calling mine pseudo seizures, and suggest that I see a psychologist for cognitive behaivor therapy. I am seeing him for the first time next week. I can also feel mine coming on. I will keep you posted if I have any results with the therapist.
    Good luck to you and your daughter.
    cooley104 0 Replies
    • October 2, 2014
    • 01:40 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement