Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Uncontrollable twitching and jerking

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 28, 2006
  • 02:05 AM

The story below has been submitted anonymously through our
'Share your story' feature:

I have had twitching and jerking for nearly 6 months now. Not the under the skin kind of twitches, but almost like living in a fun-house where each limb, finger and body part moves whenever it feels like.

My hands constantly shake as does my body in sort of a weak and trembling sort of way. I can't sleep with all the twitching going on, so I have to take an ambien every night. I quit drinking coffee, chocolate, sugar, alcohol, work out 4 days a week, yoga twice a week and because of this mess see a therapist once a week.

I have been to the neurologist, psychologist, acupuncturist, medical intuitionist and chiropractor. No one seems to know what to do with me.

The acupuncturist says I have internal wind, which points to a depleted liver. The medical intuitionist also said it sounds like my liver and kidney are depleted.

I have been told it is not Alzheimer’s or Parkinson's which is great, but what is it and how can I make it go away?

Does anyone know how to get this twitching, jerking and shaking stuff to go away?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement