Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Numbness in pointer finger tip: carple tunnel?

Posted In: Nerve conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Mathewcaps
  • September 21, 2007
  • 06:48 AM

Hi, this was very hard to type due to a numbness in my left pointer finger. This numbness began at night and continued for 24hrs now. I have no insurance and cant afford to get it looked at. Just curious as to what the most likely thing it would be and when I should be worried. I thought it might be carple tunnel but I dont feel any pain in my hand really. Its just numb at the finger tip. although I do use that finger allot for my online gaming spaming particular keys. How long does that usually last when there is no permenant damage?

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Carpal tunnel syndrome is only one of several conditions that affect the nerve responses in the hand. If I had your symptoms I might wonder if there was a problem in the cervical spine. With that possibility in mind, I would consult a neurologist.
    Numbguy 4 Replies
    • September 24, 2007
    • 04:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • the feeling has been slowly going away. it has been over a week now and I can only tell at the very tip of my finger when I type. At this point it doesnt even really bother me that much. Again I cant aford a doctor visit, I can barely aford food at this point in my life so any free information might be useful. If there was a way I could narrow down or eliminate the possibilities that would be nice.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2007
    • 08:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi my pointer finger has been numb for 2 days, and i can feel a tingle in the rest, its on my left hand, and i use my right hand the most. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas, it doesn't hurt, i just carn't feel anything, eg just typing. I'm only 32.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2008
    • 02:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just got on the computer to look up numbness in pointer finger, because just like the first commenter mine started at night and has continued all night and it had me a bit worried. and I am only 23, I am worried about this but I do believe it has to do with a spinal issue. I am going to go see my chiropractor and see if that doesnt help it. i'll post back!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yea ... thats strange .. I'm 23 too and for the past couple of days my pointer finger on my left hand has been slighty numb .. it goes and comes .. never experienced that b4 .. whenever I get paranoid, I tend to find info first ... but I'm going to see a doctor ..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Im 16, and this morning i began to feel a numbness in my right hand pointer finger. Its not painful, just annoying. Will it go away? Or should i go see a doctor?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2011
    • 09:21 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement