Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

blister looking rash on 2 year old

Posted In: Skin conditions 18 Replies
  • Posted By: chicagottr
  • September 26, 2006
  • 03:01 AM

I know a child who has had a rash that first looks like a red bump then grows. Eventually it turns into a blister that breaks. At first I thought is was flea bites because it started in the lower extremities. It has been about two months and now it is all over. The parents took the baby to the clinic and it was diagnosed as Lyme disease. These blisters do not have the "bull's eye" appearance. My instincts are telling me this isn't right. Does anyone have a clue?:

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• Did you ever find out if this was Lyme or not?My 5 year old is expierencing the same thing right now. He had 2 on his ankle last month and he now has 2 on his right forearm. The blisters are watery, not puss filled. I noticed your user name has Chicago in the title- Are you from there? I am about 2.5 hours South of there in the Peoria area.Any info would be appreciated!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 26, 2006
    • 05:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Just an FYI for anyone wondering, I took my son in and he has impetigo. It's a bacterial infection of either staph or strep- either one- and it causes the blisters. He is on antibiotics for it now.HTH someone!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 07:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I know a child who has had a rash that first looks like a red bump then grows. Eventually it turns into a blister that breaks. At first I thought is was flea bites because it started in the lower extremities. A tip about flea bites. A lot of times people don't think they have fleas in the house, because if they have a dog or cat the fleas go for the dog or cat. If the dog or cat is put outside or is sold or something, then the fleas will go after the people.
    crackpotten 3 Replies
    • October 31, 2006
    • 07:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Another tip about fleas...they're picky. As a kid, my sister (9yrs older) had a St Bernard and shag carpet. I mentioned to her and our mother one day about needing to do something about the fleas in there. They both said they had never seen a flea in there. They didn't believe me. I walked into her room about three feet, standing next to the bed and instantly my calves were attacked, visibly. They were both shocked. They stood right by me and not one flea went after them. Lucky me. It has something to do with the blood. I'm O+. Beyond that I haven't a clue why they liked me so much. A tip about flea bites. A lot of times people don't think they have fleas in the house, because if they have a dog or cat the fleas go for the dog or cat. If the dog or cat is put outside or is sold or something, then the fleas will go after the people.
    notcrazylikethat 2 Replies
    • November 1, 2006
    • 00:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • interesting about the fleas being picky! We are all O+ here too but I don't think it's fleas.An update on my son- he has been on amoxicillan for 2 days now and he now has 6 NEW blisters! The doc is seitching him to augmentin but if it's not clearing up by Sat, I'm taking him to prompt care for a second opinion.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 2, 2006
    • 04:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HI I was just wondering if you would take a look at my thread. I have pics on there of my daughters condition. Will you look at it and see if its similar to you childs condition. The thread is under skin symptoms and conditions.
    jgm379 1 Replies
    • January 15, 2007
    • 02:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HI I was just wondering if you would take a look at my thread. I have pics on there of my daughters condition. Will you look at it and see if its similar to you childs condition. The thread is under skin symptoms and conditions.[/QUOTEHi I am a mother who is really worried about her son. He has been treated three times for a bump that resembles a zit but it does not go away. Other people who have seen it doctors and such say it resembles a bit. it is red swollen and directly in the center is a puss like pocket. Please tell me has your daughter been clearly diagnosed and in what part of the county are you in if my son's condition resembles hers?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • HI I was just wondering if you would take a look at my thread. I have pics on there of my daughters condition. Will you look at it and see if its similar to you childs condition. The thread is under skin symptoms and conditions.Hi, I'm not sure what your sons bump looks like but my daughters is a bright red mole. It grows until it pops and then bleeds all day. There is nothing I can do about it. I believe the term is strawberry or rasberry. But it is frightning the way it grows. It does'nt resemble a zit. However I do not recomend letting a doctor experiment with your son. I know of 3 people who let doctors experiment on finding out what was wrong with them and killed them with medicine.
  • Does anyones child have fever also with the bumps?My 20 month old son has gone almost a month now with high fevers and is yet to be diagnosed with anything. He has seen 4 pediatritions. This last one orderd a whole batch of blood work and echo cardia grams and urine test and chest x-rays we should know the results tomorrow or friday. The Dr. also noticed a rash on his back that is in a circle but with tiny little bumps its all red and tonight the bumps have started to form pockets of puss.....?? I will have to wait till the morning to call the doctor but I was just wondering if anyone elses child had fever. My sons temp runs about 103.4 after I give him motrin it will go down to about 99.7 but no lower.I will take any advice....THANKS!!!Rebekah ---Los Angeles Ca
  • Did anybody ever find out what this rash was? My son, who is also 2 years old, appears to have a lot of the symptoms (red hard bumps/spots, seem to fill up and become puss looking blisters which stay for a day and then begin to heal up on their own and scab and drop off). He's had a huge one reoccuring on his lower back for over a month now. They are on his face, arms, legs, neck and head but none on his stomach. He had a fever of 100.5 when I took him to doc the first time but nothing since then. His lymph nodes are enlarged in the back of his head. He does not appear to be suffering in any way.We've seen 2 different pediatricians and his own said it may be Chicken Pox (which I doubt b/c there is no itching and it's been over a month now) and the other said possibly molluscum or a skin infection but he was not sure either. He told us to apply Mupirocin (which we had already b/c his brother had impetigo over a year ago). It does not seem to be doing anything though as more pop up daily. We have a pediatric nurse practitioner in our family and she did not know what it was either. Thanks for the help! Sorry it's a long post.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 8, 2007
    • 09:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If your child is fevered please take him to Emergency now.
    Dr. Brent Royal 24 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 05:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Damomma you need 3 opinions.
    Dr. Brent Royal 24 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 05:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi again,If the message about my son having a fever from Dr Brent Royal's post, then no, the answer is he does not have a fever. When I took him to the peds. office the second time, his temp was normal. That was a month ago and he's had no fever since then but still spots keep popping up.I am thinking about consulting a pediatric dermatologist at our local Children's Hospital to try and get some concrete answers.Thanks!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 01:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • my 2 year old son has blister in his mouth,lips and chin.i took him to his GP and he gave him antibiotics,calpol,nurofen and bonjela.hes taking all those medicines for 3 days now and blisters are disapearing. he couldnt eat nothing for 3 days because he was in so much pain.GP said its some kind of infection.he said it should go away within 5 days.im so glad hes getting better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2008
    • 07:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know a child who has had a rash that first looks like a red bump then grows. Eventually it turns into a blister that breaks. At first I thought is was flea bites because it started in the lower extremities. It has been about two months and now it is all over. The parents took the baby to the clinic and it was diagnosed as Lyme disease. These blisters do not have the "bull's eye" appearance. My instincts are telling me this isn't right. Does anyone have a clue?:i live in champaign illinoisI HAVE SOMETHING JUST LIKE THAT!! i get it almost every other year. for four years i went to the doctor to find a cure.. i just got antibiotics... steriod creams.. YOU NAME IT THEY PERSCRIBED IT!! i got so fed up! one day a woman suggested i try a soap call TECNU!! it is for poison sumac; poison ivy; ETC... I STILL TO THIS DAY dont know what i have-- the doctors never figured it out. but with TECNU my symptoms go away. they first start out like just an itchy part on my skin. (you cant see anything) then, i notice little bitty red bumps in various places (even inside my ears) and it eventually spreads and spreads until i wash the infection with that soap. IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORKED for me. i dont know if i have an allergic reaction to the seasons changing in illinois, or if i got bit by a chigger, but at this point i dont care. for me, TECNU was the cure.try it. it might help.xoxo
  • Did anybody ever find out what this rash was? My son, who is also 2 years old, appears to have a lot of the symptoms (red hard bumps/spots, seem to fill up and become puss looking blisters which stay for a day and then begin to heal up on their own and scab and drop off). He's had a huge one reoccuring on his lower back for over a month now. They are on his face, arms, legs, neck and head but none on his stomach. He had a fever of 100.5 when I took him to doc the first time but nothing since then. His lymph nodes are enlarged in the back of his head. He does not appear to be suffering in any way. We've seen 2 different pediatricians and his own said it may be Chicken Pox (which I doubt b/c there is no itching and it's been over a month now) and the other said possibly molluscum or a skin infection but he was not sure either. He told us to apply Mupirocin (which we had already b/c his brother had impetigo over a year ago). It does not seem to be doing anything though as more pop up daily. We have a pediatric nurse practitioner in our family and she did not know what it was either. Thanks for the help! Sorry it's a long post. Well, I see it's been awhile, but I hope someone is still checking in. We also live in Illinois about and hour West of Chicago and my 11mo daughter just got a rash on her face neck and arms. Some on the hairline, but not on the scalp, possibly one on the leg and back, but not sure.- small bumps-fluid filled blisters-dry up- no fever, don't itch, dosent seem to bother her at all. Some have almost gone away leaving a brown spot, but others are reoccuring. Also possibly confused with Ckn PoxShe has had it for 2 1/2 weeks now. Seen 2 Ped.s and a Dermatologist. Taking antibiotics for some impetigo that seems to have been on top of the rash. the bacterial infection seems to have cleared up, but the spots are still there. They also showed up the day after arriving in Spain for a vacation
    Bicibum 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Molluscum contagiosum, they look like chicken pox / blisters / warts / skin tags / and they go away in about 9 months from what i've read. They havent bothered my son, just me. Check it out on google.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2009
    • 04:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • interesting about the fleas being picky! We are all O+ here too but I don't think it's fleas.An update on my son- he has been on amoxicillan for 2 days now and he now has 6 NEW blisters! The doc is seitching him to augmentin but if it's not clearing up by Sat, I'm taking him to prompt care for a second opinion.My three year old son has had it all, fifth disease, human parvovirus, hand-foot-mouth disease and other things that we have never figured out, pretty much every skin rash/ infection you can think of (for no apparent reason). He also has reoccurring Impetigo. Amoxicillian and Augmentin have never worked on him. Go for sulfur antibiotics, they are wonderful!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2011
    • 05:24 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement