Hi! Since I was in my teens every time I've gotten sick with any type of illness (generally common colds), I've gotten a bright, red rash all over my upper body and sometimes anywhere else warm (insides of elbows, groin, backs of knees). Initially, I thought it was probably a reaction to some medicine I was taking and dismissed it. At one point during college though, I got so fed up with this hideous rash that I decided not to take any medicine and live with the cold/flu symptoms. When the rash occurred without any medication, I went to a doctor for it. He said that in 26 years of medicine he had never seen anything like it and basically dismissed me as lying to him.
Since it does not itch (it does get stiff and puffy) and is mainly cosmetically irritating, I haven't worried too much about it. Just a few days ago, I got food poisoning, and the rash came along. I can't find any information on this anywhere, and I can't seem to find anyone else who shares this problem. Any ideas on why I get this rash every single time I get sick? It generally is at its worst when I am getting better.