Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

twitching above ears

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 18, 2007
  • 05:55 PM

for th last week i have had an intermmitent muscle twitch above my left ear. it isnt constant but just comes and goes. if i put my finger on it i can feel it as if something is trying to jump out of my skin. has anybody any idea what this could be? it really is very stressful to keep getting it and not know the cause. thanx

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Massage it gently or press around it to disrupt the nerve signal to the muscle. This works for eye twitches also. Sometimes dehydration, allergies, too much caffeine and stress cause twitches.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 19, 2007
    • 07:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am male 34 and have exactly similar problem for past over a month. I can feel the nerves and similarly not knowing the cause is troubling me. I am hypertensive so it worries me more if it's connected with any worse side-effect of essential hypertension. I agree to the above response coz all the reasons mentioned eventually stimulate your blood pressure. But why this particular place/nerve I'm still looking for answers. What I've identified that corelates every time when twitching starts is the stress.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 20, 2008
    • 07:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • First, the bad news--I've had this same thing going on, every few days, since back in January. Before then, I was never even aware of the muscles above my ears!Then, good news--it doesn't seem to be anything dangerous. They've done every imaginable test on me--and while they can't seem to figure out what's causing it, they have ruled out brain tumors, seizures, and any kind of infectious disease. I even got a TMJ orthodic to wear at night to prevent teeth clenching. While my jaws feel great, I still get the twitch--every few days, for hours at a time.It did start during a period of extreme stress.... and then my worrying about it caused several more months of extreme stress. I've decided just to accept it and try to stop thinking about it and see if it goes away!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 6, 2009
    • 03:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have recently been having the same twitch above the ear. I'm 20 years old in college, good blood pressure, not very stressed, great physical shape.. The only thing I can think of is I started taking NO-Xplode which contains a lot of caffiene from what I've heard. Happens usually when I'm just relaxing in the comfort of my room rather then at the gym after I take the supplement. Weird stuff.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement