Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

constant sore throat- going on 3 months...please help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 18, 2007
  • 04:07 AM

I am a 22 year old female who leads a healthy and active lifestyle, but for the last 3 months I have had a painful sore throat. I don't smoke, eat red meat, or drink except for special occasions. It feels itchy, dry, hard to swallow, and all-around painful. That's the only thing that I can tell is wrong with me. I got tested for strep (negative), mono (negative), hypothyroidism (negative). I have been treated with a z-pack for infection which did nothing. I have been prescribed aciphex (sp?) because my ENT thought that maybe acid reflux was hurting my throat. That also did nothing. I had a ct scan with injection that showed nothing. Help! What is wrong with me? It is affecting my entire life. It hurts to talk for too long of a time, i can't really go out at night because the smoke in bars REALLY irritates my throat, I can't work-out for longer than 1/2 hour without feeling so parched that I have to get off the treadmill and chug water like never before. The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to hurt worse at night. I am waiting on an appointment with a new ENT, but does anyone know what could possibly by causing my throat pain? Do I need my tonsils out? Aren't I a little old for that?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement