Discussions By Condition: Cancer

Lymph nodes, bump under tongue

Posted In: Cancer 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2007
  • 06:08 PM

Basically I have 2 swollen lymph nodes (one on my neck just below the corner of my right jawline and one underneath the middle of my right jawline) and a lump at the bottom of that stringy bit underneath my tongue. It feels as though there are two small lumps (stones?) on either side of the stringy bit when I am feeling around with my tongue.

I went to the doctor today and she told me that my lymph nodes were not swollen that much and I should not worry as they can be inflamed by infections - so she didnt put me on any antibiotics and told me not to worry so I dont know what to think now!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• If your only symptoms are those bumps, then I'd wait and see what happens (or you probably have since it has been over a month). I also have two bumps on either side of the frenulum of the tongue, and they have always been there. If you are having other symptoms, don't press the doctor or a different one to work with you on figuring out what is wrong. I have not been feeling well (i.e. extreme fatigue, very irritated throat, red spots on inside of cheeks, weird bumps under the tongue and back of throat, etc) and I was given 10 days of amoxicillin. So far it has only helped with an ear infection, everything else is the same or worse. So, when I am done with the prescription I will be back at the doctor asking them to do tests and actually give me a diagnosis rather than give me antibiotics to try and treat symptoms of who-knows-what. Good luck - and no one knows your body better than you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 6, 2007
    • 06:44 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement