Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

pressure in pelvic area

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2007
  • 03:12 AM

I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend last week. Ever since then, there has been this pressure in my pelvic area. It kinda feels like cramps, but I ended my period the day before having sex, so that shouldn't be it. Has anyone experienced this pressure before?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• You may have developed an infection. Take your temperature and if it's more than 100, call a doctor. If not and the pressure continues, take your temperature daily. Then, if it still lasts, another week, call a gynecologist. If you have any burning with peeing or pain on sitting, tell the doctor so, because the first is a urinary tract infection (which women tend to get with sex) and the second could be inflammatory pelvic disease, which if not treated, could lead to infertility. Most of these types of bacteria and such are handled by a normal person's immune system within a few days to a week. If you get sick in any other way (rash, purple spots, aching head or neck) call the doctor then too. If any of these symptoms become unbearable to the point you are losing sleep from the ache/pain, go to the ER. I'm sure you know that if you didn't use condoms, had oral sex, or French kissed, you should also be checked for HIV. Good luck!
    Magpie 10 Replies
    • October 16, 2007
    • 04:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well maybe you're pregnant. It could be an STD; go to your local county health department; take him along and get checked out. Always use condoms.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 19, 2007
    • 02:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ha! It was only two or three weeks ago. She could not tell by pressure in her stomach. Most women find that out by the nausea and vomiting. Note: Sometimes the cervix can get irritated and sore by all that pushing and shoving and ache for a few days. If she continues this way, she's most likely got an infection. She would find out about any pregnancy in two more weeks, if the infection doesn't kill the fetus first. Probably, before then, she'll have her period.
    Magpie 10 Replies
    • October 19, 2007
    • 04:26 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement