Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Unusual symptoms, no diagnosis!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 16, 2007
  • 06:37 AM

Exactly one year ago, I developed flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, high fever, loss of appetite, general fatigue, migraines, as well as a sore throat. About a week later, I was admitted in the hospital, and was there for 35 days. The symptoms turned out to be pancreatitis, high spinal chord fluid pressure, (I received a shunt,) an pneumonia, meningitis, gallstones, a viral conjunctivitis and inflammation of my knees. In that time I received many tests, but never a diagnosis. After I was discharged, I didn't think too much about my illness. However, lately I have been experiencing weird symptoms. I noticed an oval-shaped bald spot on the side of my head about 3 weeks ago. Also, I've had facial muscle spams, and what feels like nerve shocks, usually in my head. I don't know if everything is related, but I would love to have a diagnosis!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Exactly one year ago, I developed flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, high fever, loss of appetite, general fatigue, migraines, as well as a sore throat. About a week later, I was admitted in the hospital, and was there for 35 days. The symptoms turned out to be pancreatitis, high spinal chord fluid pressure, (I received a shunt,) an pneumonia, meningitis, gallstones, a viral conjunctivitis and inflammation of my knees. In that time I received many tests, but never a diagnosis. After I was discharged, I didn't think too much about my illness. However, lately I have been experiencing weird symptoms. I noticed an oval-shaped bald spot on the side of my head about 3 weeks ago. Also, I've had facial muscle spams, and what feels like nerve shocks, usually in my head. I don't know if everything is related, but I would love to have a diagnosis!Do you use alot of aspartame or msg.. that would cause the muscle spasms and the nerve shocks to.. not saying that is what it is.. but maybe look into what you are eating. hope it helps
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2007
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Did they test for mycroplasmas and tick/misquito infections? Sounds like those could be possible. Best wishes, Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 20, 2007
    • 00:32 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement