Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Should I see an endocrinologist??

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: RunnerWoman
  • September 15, 2007
  • 07:21 PM

In February of this year, I saw an ENT about an enlarged lymph node and "lump" in my neck (front r side). They were removed, but benign. I now have 2 more in the same area on the same side, and small ones on either side of my thyroid. I have had a CT. The ENT also took blood, but when I asked about my bloodwork, the nurse practitioner told me,"Your bloodwork was fine, but some levels were a little high. This is because your blood was left out on the counter after it was taken, but the Dr. isn't worried, and said you could follow up with us in a couple of months." I explained to him that I am losing more hair than normal, have lost a little weight (currently about 7 lbs), and it sometimes feels like my body can't control its temperature. I feel like my thyroid is "shorting out", so to speak! Sometimes I am sooo tired! (Not always, though.) I am 36 years old, and normally very healthy. I weigh 119 lbs. The weight is not dropping really quickly, just steadily. Should I seek a second opinion from an endocrinologist, or just return to the same ENT to have my bloodwork repeated? Could the ENT be missing something an endocrinologist would catch? Thanks for any info or help in advance....

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement