Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Muscle/Joint Pain at Night - Please Help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: sally7216
  • September 15, 2007
  • 05:39 PM

I have had for some months now. Everytime i go to bed its like being plugged into an electrical socket where all my muscles all over my body not just legs (suggested restless legs syndrome) tighten and contract. Needless to say i am now an insomniac pretty much and suffering fatigue during the day this goes from my toes to my jaw all over. My GP has suggested restless legs syndrome but im not happy with that i dont think it is i dont feel like there are things crawling in my legs it like im having 240 volts plugged into me. Anyone have any ideas please.:(

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• I could be way off, but I had severe leg and jaw pain and was eventually diagnosed with Celiac's Disease... a food allergy. It's about 80% better now that I avoid gluten. I didn't have the electrical jolts you described though, more of a deep muscle ache although it did feel "crawly" at times. There are a couple different blood tests for Celiac's, so ask a gastrologist (sp?) for the more accurate one. I have had for some months now. Everytime i go to bed its like being plugged into an electrical socket where all my muscles all over my body not just legs (suggested restless legs syndrome) tighten and contract. Needless to say i am now an insomniac pretty much and suffering fatigue during the day this goes from my toes to my jaw all over. My GP has suggested restless legs syndrome but im not happy with that i dont think it is i dont feel like there are things crawling in my legs it like im having 240 volts plugged into me. Anyone have any ideas please.:(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2007
    • 04:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had blood test for coeliacs disease but it hasn't come back as yet so am waiting on that one will post again when i know.Thanks.
    sally7216 2 Replies
    • September 16, 2007
    • 09:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well the coeliacs blood test result came back normal so im back to square one again.I know i have an intolerance to rye products so i dont see how it came back normal. Not sure how to address this with the doctor now, he wont like me telling him what i think i have.:o
    sally7216 2 Replies
    • September 17, 2007
    • 11:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had for some months now. Everytime i go to bed its like being plugged into an electrical socket where all my muscles all over my body not just legs (suggested restless legs syndrome) tighten and contract. Needless to say i am now an insomniac pretty much and suffering fatigue during the day this goes from my toes to my jaw all over. My GP has suggested restless legs syndrome but im not happy with that i dont think it is i dont feel like there are things crawling in my legs it like im having 240 volts plugged into me. Anyone have any ideas please.:( It's possible you have sleep apnea which can cause Fibromyalgia-like symptoms. You can read about it on:http://www.thesleepsite.com/I've had similar symptoms like you refer to and they are related to sleep apnea. Of course it could be due to something else too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2007
    • 01:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Are you taking anything like lorazapam or similar drugs. Abrupt withdrawl of those can cause legs cramps, bone pain, joint pain
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2007
    • 02:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I think you need to see another dr, there are many illneses that can cause this.{ Mycroplasmas, tick infections, etc.} Or it could be something simple, like you might be low on minerals like potassium or magnasium. You are smart not to just accept the restless leg syndrome dx, there has to be more behind it. There is something to be said abt electro magnetic fields too.If your bed is near and electric outlet, you could be very sensitive to them. Does this only happen at night?? Maybe its your mattress,the springs pushing on a nerve someplace. Just some other thoughts for you to look into. Good luck, Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 20, 2007
    • 00:27 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement