Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Muscle Pain moving round body, HELP!

Posted In: Muscle conditions 13 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 24, 2006
  • 08:07 AM

Hi,
I have been suffering from muscle pain for the last 2 weeks, it started in my lower back, and I thought it may be due to lifting, this then moved to my central back in the muscles to the side of my spine and then to shoulders over a period of a week. I was having trouble sleeping and woke with cramping pains and inablity to move first thing. I then got the pain in my neck about 4 days ago and couldn't turn to my left easily, (I could put my nose to my right arm pit but not my left). The top of my shoulders were tender to the touch. I was treating with ibuprofen and red tiger balm, I used deep heat rub yesterday, and this morning woke with terrible pain in my right chest, which was very painful to the touch. These pains get worse if I sit still for a while, and the pain in bed is too much to get back to sleep or turn over. I intend to go to the GP, but if someone out there can give me any ideas, as there are so many stories of mis diagnosis that I would like to have a consensus of opinions. I am 31y/o am 6ft3in in good fitness/health weighing 14stones (200lb). No breathing problems or nausea just really tender muscles.
I sincerely hope someone can help. Sorry for the long symptom explaination

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• Try Potassium. I Once Was In The Er For Chest Pain,then My Back Was Hurting And Before I Left I Said To The The Dr., Look, What's The Deal...? I Am Hurting In My Legs And Arms And It Seems To Be Moving. Am I Nut's/ He Told Me No That I Was Having Spasms Due To Low Potassium. Which Is Sometimes Life Threatning.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 26, 2006
    • 07:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,I have been suffering from muscle pain for the last 2 weeks, it started in my lower back, and I thought it may be due to lifting, this then moved to my central back in the muscles to the side of my spine and then to shoulders over a period of a week. I was having trouble sleeping and woke with cramping pains and inablity to move first thing. I then got the pain in my neck about 4 days ago and couldn't turn to my left easily, (I could put my nose to my right arm pit but not my left). The top of my shoulders were tender to the touch. I was treating with ibuprofen and red tiger balm, I used deep heat rub yesterday, and this morning woke with terrible pain in my right chest, which was very painful to the touch. These pains get worse if I sit still for a while, and the pain in bed is too much to get back to sleep or turn over. I intend to go to the GP, but if someone out there can give me any ideas, as there are so many stories of mis diagnosis that I would like to have a consensus of opinions. I am 31y/o am 6ft3in in good fitness/health weighing 14stones (200lb). No breathing problems or nausea just really tender muscles.I sincerely hope someone can help. Sorry for the long symptom explainationI have the same symtoms with no help what happened?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,I have experienced similar symptoms the past week. My pain started in my right arm and i lost mobility completely with 24 hours. I went to a local Primecare (doc in a box) due to the severe pain. I was prescribed muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory. The next day it moved to other arm and eventually to both legs. I literally could not walk or use my left arm at this point. I have since spoke with a friend who is a doctor and he is not worried. He believes due to my age (32) that it is random and I may never know the cause, but it will go away. However, I did see my family dr today and he is running test. I will let you know the results when I receive them Tuesday. It is scary as ***l and I feel your pain. I do suggest Motrin. It is an anti-inflammatory and has worked for me vs. the muscle relaxer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2008
    • 06:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Were you doing any heavy lifting before your low back pain started? injuries to the lower back often cause pain there first then can refer pain to other places. you say you have tender muscels does your spine hurt or feel stiiff?I doubt that you will get much consensus if you go to a doctor and get some tests or x-says (MRI are best but i know they are hard to get) someone may be able to advise you the.Good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2008
    • 11:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Try massaging your back and body pain. Find the clear Tiger Balm cream .Don,t do acupuncture dangerous. I have my own reason. Do some Chi Gong and Qigong exercise.
  • It sounds like you may have injured your back - and the first time you do this it can be very scary. An injury can be due to lifting incorrectly, turning over whilst asleep, jumping and landing badly, twisting whilst lifting, reaching for something, lifting something which is too heavy - or just getting out of bed.Once you have a back injury, your posture changes because you are in pain and trying to protect the injury. As the muscles and ligament try to compensate, other groups of muscles are put under unusual stresses - so the problem affects different parts of the body.I would suggest that you consult with a good Chiropractor or Osteopath. It could be that you have injured yourself and (possibly) need a re-alignment - or advice on gentle exercises to correct the problem.Often, after a back injury, the muscles go into spasm - which is very painful and makes it hard for the spine to go back into the correct position by itself. Taking high-dose Magnesium tablets will help reduce the spasms. Medication such as Ibuprofen can help reduce inflamation and pain.Using cold-packs (e.g. a pack of frozen peas) immediatly after an injury like this can help reduce inflamation and pain. They should also be used after a manipulation.Keep moving! Do not retire to bed. Research has shown that people who do gentle exercise e.g walking - recover quicker from back injuries.Massage can also help relieve muscle tension and stress - but start off very gently.Once you are over this, try to build up your back and abdominal muscles - as they act like a protective corset to support your back. Invest in a good mattress (not too hard and not too soft).
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 10, 2008
    • 10:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had continuos moving back pain for 6 months now. All of my MRI's and exrays have come back good. I have been to a reumologist and results were good there also. I have used chiropractors, done physical therapy and many other things and have not been diagnosed or healed...any thoughts would be appreciated. I am a 40 year old female who before this began worked out 4 times a week in body pump, spin, etc..not overweight and healthy. I did not hurt myself either..this just appeared in my upper right back under my shoulder blade and has progressed from there.
  • I'm in the same boat as the previous Unregistered poster. Done chiropractors, naprapathy, physical therapy and started working out without any result whatsoever. The pain moves mostly between neck and shoulders, but also to the latissimus dorsi and lower back and has done so for 16 months now. Have been tinkering with the idea that it might be food allergies and tried some elimination techniques such as stopped eating sugar and beef etc. I've got pretty bad posture and work infront of a computer all day so that might be a factor. Have been strengthening my back, neck and shoulders for a month now with little success, but every now and then (now, for instance) the pain returns full speed.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 19, 2010
    • 05:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm in the same boat as the previous Unregistered poster. Done chiropractors, naprapathy, physical therapy and started working out without any result whatsoever. The pain moves mostly between neck and shoulders, but also to the latissimus dorsi and lower back and has done so for 16 months now. Have been tinkering with the idea that it might be food allergies and tried some elimination techniques such as stopped eating sugar and beef etc. I've got pretty bad posture and work infront of a computer all day so that might be a factor. Have been strengthening my back, neck and shoulders for a month now with little success, but every now and then (now, for instance) the pain returns full speed.I have this same problem but I think it might be GERD or IBS
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2011
    • 06:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had continuos moving back pain for 6 months now. All of my MRI's and exrays have come back good. I have been to a reumologist and results were good there also. I have used chiropractors, done physical therapy and many other things and have not been diagnosed or healed...any thoughts would be appreciated. I am a 40 year old female who before this began worked out 4 times a week in body pump, spin, etc..not overweight and healthy. I did not hurt myself either..this just appeared in my upper right back under my shoulder blade and has progressed from there.Just as you have described my pain started in my upper right back shoulder blade. I am very healthy... ran marathons, taught yoga, did spin classes, weight trained. I also eat very healthy and when this started I cut sugars. I created a pain jounal of this mysterious pain. Some days it is so debilitating and frustrating being the motivated person that I am. I am scheduled for an MRI. Have you recieved a solution from this??? It has been a year of experiencing this moving pain.
  • I had experienced the same moving pain problem and got rid of it. It was severe pain two days in head, then moved to neck, then one arm, then other arm, then back, then one leg then other, then again arm, and I couldnt move the part where I had the pain, and it made some movements very hard for me even when pain had left that part. I couldnt sleep coz of it. I searched internet for help but didnt get satisfactory answer, tried over the counter medicine, then saw the doctor, he advised some blood tests, and actual problem found was Vitamin D's deficiency, I had it 4.0, while normal should be more than 30. Then doctor started treatment not with vitamin D injections, but tablets for slow recovery, advised me good diet including milk and avoiding red meat. Also according to tests results I had some infection, inflammation, increased white blood cells and an increased ESR too, but it wasnt arthritis because no symptoms of arthritis were found. He gave me medicines to dicrease inflammation, an antibiotic and a pain killer. Severe Pain gone in few days, but overall recovery was slow. Being in one position for long time like sitting or standing or walking everything caused pain. One year now and its much better, I can make almost all moves which were like impossible that time, very less pain and its not all the time. Doctor kept changing medicines, now taking medicines to strengthen muscles and viatmin C. Pain killers were required only in the beginning. Sharing it if it may be of some use to you. Wish you all .. very good health :)
    Irumzehra 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Just as you have described my pain started in my upper right back shoulder blade. I am very healthy... ran marathons, taught yoga, did spin classes, weight trained. I also eat very healthy and when this started I cut sugars. I created a pain jounal of this mysterious pain. Some days it is so debilitating and frustrating being the motivated person that I am. I am scheduled for an MRI. Have you recieved a solution from this??? It has been a year of experiencing this moving pain. Hi, did u get the MRI done yet? How r u doing now? What is the result and could u find out anything for the moving back pain??? Mine started on the upper left of my back and moves everywhere. I am so frustrated eith the dr and yet i cannot find any answer. I just had my spine MRi and everything looks good. Next up will be the chest scan.
    TTM137 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had continuos moving back pain for 6 months now. All of my MRI's and exrays have come back good. I have been to a reumologist and results were good there also. I have used chiropractors, done physical therapy and many other things and have not been diagnosed or healed...any thoughts would be appreciated. I am a 40 year old female who before this began worked out 4 times a week in body pump, spin, etc..not overweight and healthy. I did not hurt myself either..this just appeared in my upper right back under my shoulder blade and has progressed from there. I am curious of your update. I have pains just as yours. And, like you, I used to work out until the pains started. Doctors dismissed me because all was "normal".
    WeimaranersRock 1 Replies
    • January 6, 2014
    • 03:26 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement