Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

VAGINAL pain when AROUSED

Posted In: Sexual conditions 52 Replies
  • Posted By: 110605xforever
  • September 8, 2007
  • 03:52 AM

DOes anyone out there know what could be causing this pain?
It is a sharp-like pain felt within my vagina.. and only occurs when I become sexual arosed, not during intercours..insertion... just arousal. I feel like it happens when I become wet. I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what it is. Am i the only one experiencing this? Im 21 and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and this started happening around 6 months ago, maybe a little more. if anyone can suggest anything, id appreciate it!
:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

52 Replies:

• I have the same thing!! It feels like a sharp pain maybe in the muscles in or outside of my vagina when i get aroused. I know your vagina 'opens' a bit when you get aroused and in some weird way it feels connected with that. I'm asking my gyno in 2 weeks. I really hope she doesn't look at me like I'm crazy! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :(
    Squowl 1 Replies
    • September 11, 2007
    • 11:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey! I just saw that someone replied to this, i still don't know what causes it, did you find out from your gyno?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2007
    • 09:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey it happens to me too but only when i have not had sex in a while eg. if i have sex 2 or 3 times week it does not happen but if i obstain form sex like for 2 or 3 weeks then i get the pain. i don't know it seems to happen when i am overly aroused because i have not had sex in such along time.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 4, 2007
    • 02:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Could it be this?http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Dyspareunia.html Hope it helps:)
    snuzzle 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • My boyfriend and I used to have sex at least 3 times a week and I never experienced this pain. Now that we are breaking up and only sleeping together once every 2-3 weeks it comes on very strong when I get aroused, even if we don't have sex but are making out. I think it is definitely related to frequency of sexual activities.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2008
    • 10:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • this has been happening to me for years. i have been to several doctors and none of them know what it is. ive read about it online in other posts and a few people have replied that is has something to do with the pelvic floor muscle being out of whack, and that physical therapy can help but ive never seen someone follow up and actually say that they have rid themselves of this problem and how. id be very interested to know this.
    ggmmnn 1 Replies
    • November 5, 2008
    • 01:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • this has been happening to me for years. i have been to several doctors and none of them know what it is. ive read about it online in other posts and a few people have replied that is has something to do with the pelvic floor muscle being out of whack, and that physical therapy can help but ive never seen someone follow up and actually say that they have rid themselves of this problem and how. id be very interested to know this.this happens to me too, only when i have not had sex in a while, maybe cause not having sex caused down there to tighten up more so when u get aroused it takes more to loosen the muscle so we feel a little pain. i don't know
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2009
    • 03:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, I also experience this from time to time, not everytime I'm aroused, but especially when I am quickly aroused. I do believe it is due to increased blood flow to the area, which may cause some stress on the veins (which could be possibly pinched) and surrounding nerve endings - therefore it can cause some pain. Typically this pain subsides after a little while and not during intercourse. I'm not sure its anything serious to worry about. I'm 24 and just started experiencing this a year or so ago.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • It's common to get that pain for people who were sexually abused or raped. Also, if there is tension or hesitation or guilt towards that sexual arousal.
  • DOes anyone out there know what could be causing this pain?It is a sharp-like pain felt within my vagina.. and only occurs when I become sexual arosed, not during intercours..insertion... just arousal. I feel like it happens when I become wet. I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what it is. Am i the only one experiencing this? Im 21 and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and this started happening around 6 months ago, maybe a little more. if anyone can suggest anything, id appreciate it!:confused:I had been with my husband for almost 3 years BEFORE i started experiencing this exact pain. Same details - no insertion of any kind, just pain cause by arousal that is a stabbing or burning. I am 25. I asked my gyno and after multiple tests (all negative)he gave me muscle relaxers (guessing it may be the muscles in the vaginal wall tensing). That did not work. His next suggestion was to visit a psychologist because it may be "in my head", but I dont think that is the solution either.Sometimes it only hurts on one side. Hoping their is a cure and that my future sex life isnt ruined. :(
  • So I am 24 and I started having those same pains about a year ago and I have been with my partner for 4 years. I wonder if it has a correlation to our age. I have noticed that most of us are around the same age. I get pain when aroused but once intercourse starts it goes away. I joked around and said that it was like blue balls but it really bothers me and I want to figure out what it is.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i am experiencing the same problems i am 25, quiet frigtened to talk to my GP about this but it is weird that everyone posting seems to be of the same ... i am greatful to the poster who added the minddisorders link. I miscarried a few months back and this has only happened since then, i am also unable to get pregnant again due to medical reasons that and being out of work for 5 months after my mc has left me somewhat out of money, and cant afford, I am also on antidepressants and have trouble sleeping. so maybe i am subconciously bringing this on myself. maybe i should see the doc
  • I really can't believe that were all experiencing these identical symptoms and have all consulted physicians only to be told there are no answers or remedies. I am 42 and began to experience these symptoms in my late 20's, it sure puts a damper on romantic moments with your partner when you know the first 20 minutes are going to be excruciating ***l! To the women who was told it was physiological, I guess so when you know something so natural and what she feel wonderful is going to be so awful the first little while. I am "quite" sure that would have a bearing on your thoughts! I wish I had answers for all you young women who have begun to experience these symptoms, I hope all of you have understanding, sympathetic and patient partners. Seems to be our only hope?
  • I'm 23 and I also started experiencing this about a year ago...and it doesnt seem to be subsiding at all. Its only when i get aroused and the only thing that makes it feel better is contact. Sex actual makes the pain go away, as weird as that sounds. Has anyone talked to their doctors about this problem and gotten at least an idea of what it could be?
    Lauren11 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am 23, and I started having these pains from past 6 months or so. I have been with my guy for almost 5 years now, initially I never experienced this pain , however we had been in a long distance relantionship in between for a year , so there was no sexual activity in that time. And after we got back , we have not been so active , as I started having these pains and I started avoiding having sex. As everytime I think of having sex the pain comes into my mind first. :-( . So after reading all the above posts I do think its related to frequency of having sex and mental state of one's mind during that time. But I hope we do get remedy for this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 10:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im 24 and also having this problem, i was thinking about seeing someone about it as its frustrating. im getting married nxt year and don't want this to ruin it =(. its really putting me off sex, and when this pain starts i become 'turned off' so then sex is really difficult!!!! i think i may try pelvic floor see if that helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 30, 2010
    • 08:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I started having this pain as well and I thought it was related to the pill I was on so was hormonal, I went and asked my gp and he became quite concerned and sent me to a gyno, she did some tests on me and thought it was a gland so gave me some antibiotic cream which actaully made it more painful even when I wasn't having sex, just walking could be sore, I returned to her 5 weeks later and reported this and she said she needed to do a lapscopracy. They found endometriosis - where the cells that line the womb can grow outside of the womb. I have had it surgically removed now but it can come back, I do get that pain when I get turned on still so I'm going to ask her again to investigate it but I was walking around with this condition without even knowing. Endometriosis occurs in 25% of woman and often goes undiagnosed as not everyone has symptoms. Heavy painful periods can be a symptom but often gps will tell young woman that this is normal, which isn't always the case! If you haven't been checked out I think it best that you do just in case as this can effect your fertility. Don't panic yourself but don't leave it either. I am in the medical profesion myself and it is always easier to treat a patient with symptoms if they come forward earlier and it hasn't been allowed to progress, don't be embarrassed trust me we have seen everything!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 18, 2010
    • 08:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I can't believe how many people have this problem! I thought I was going mad when doctors and an MRI scan couldn't work out what the problem is. I get pain in my vagina walls when I get aroused - this can sometimes go after 10 mins, but sometimes it can last until well after sex is over. I have also found that my orgasms aren't like they used to be since this problem started. Does anyone else think that about their climax's? Hayley
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2010
    • 01:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Women with vulvodynia have chronic vulvar pain with no known cause. Until recently, doctors didn't recognize this as a real pain syndrome. Even today, many women do not receive a diagnosis. They may also remain isolated by a condition that is not easy to discuss. Researchers are working hard to uncover the causes of vulvodynia and to find better ways to treat it.http://www.intelligentmag.com/what-is-the-blue-waffle-disease/Take care and see you doctor for more info
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 16, 2010
    • 06:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • DOes anyone out there know what could be causing this pain?It is a sharp-like pain felt within my vagina.. and only occurs when I become sexual arosed, not during intercours..insertion... just arousal. I feel like it happens when I become wet. I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what it is. Am i the only one experiencing this? Im 21 and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and this started happening around 6 months ago, maybe a little more. if anyone can suggest anything, id appreciate it!:confused:Hey, my girlfriend and I have been together for 7 months and she says she has something similar. She feels like its a small lump in hers and that when she moves a certain way, she can feel it rubbing against something inside. I did some reading up on it and assumed it might be abcesses or something spelled like that, but she says that sometimes it hurts a little bit to be sexually aroused also. Now its become a slight more problem so she's making an appointment, but I'm the type of the worrying boyfriend and I'm a bit on edge with this, so can you please reply sometime soon and tell me a bit more? If I don't have to worry, if we don't have to worry, that's a relief. But if we do, (like if it requires surgery), we don't have health insurance and that can be a huge issue =/any help would be nice, thank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2010
    • 05:10 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement