Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sore Spot on Scalp - nausea, headache

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 7, 2007
  • 05:33 AM

About three weeks ago I noticed a small tender place on my scalp (about 3" back from my hairline, midline - or very close...). It felt - and still feels - as if I hit my head on something very sharp - but I have not bumped my head. There is no bruising, raised or sunken areas. There is no discoloration or hairloss at the site. The site is mildly tender w/o touch, but when I touch (barely touch) a very small area with the tip of my finger, I experience intense pain, nausea, tingling across my nose and down my cheeks. After the tingling subsides - about 5 seconds - my forehead aches and I feel "tight" and midly ache across my nose. I also experience pain that subsides and returns in about 3 minute cycles at the back of my head. These symptoms last about an hour or so after touching the sore spot.

Please help if you can.

Thank you,
Kelda

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Do you have a sense that it is the bone or skin? Did you fall and hit your head? or maybe you are starting some kind of a sebaceous cyst. Try warm moist packs and see if it does anything.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 7, 2007
    • 10:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Also your fontanel is at that area. Where a baby's soft spot on head is. Keep an eye on it. "Adult fontanel changes".
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 7, 2007
    • 11:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you have a sense that it is the bone or skin? Did you fall and hit your head? or maybe you are starting some kind of a sebaceous cyst. Try warm moist packs and see if it does anything.I have not fallen or hit my head. I do have two pylidonal (sp?) cysts - one about 1/2" in diameter about 2" above my left ear and the other is about 1/8" in diameter about 3" behind my ear - but there is no pain unless I bump into something and happen to hit that area.The sore spot I am referring to is not raised. The skin is just like the skin around it. I wonder if it is the bone because of the pain and sensation I get when I press on the spot, but I do not feel any "give" when I press on it.Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my posting.Have a blessed day!Kelda
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 7, 2007
    • 00:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Also your fontanel is at that area. Where a baby's soft spot on head is. Keep an eye on it. "Adult fontanel changes".Thank you for the symptom search idea. I will follow through.Again, thank you for taking time to answer my posting.Sincerely,Kelda
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 7, 2007
    • 00:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I couldn't find any reference to pilonidal cysts except on the tailbone. Are they dermoid cysts? And these form along the skull sutures (which meet at the fontanels) basically. Look up a picture of skull bones.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 14, 2007
    • 00:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Kelda - did you ever get a diagnosis for this? I have the same thing going on and DR isnt sure what it isThank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Do you have recurring sinus infections? If so, how often, and for how long? The two could possibly be related. Sinus infections cause a buildup which causes pressure which causes pain, which can occasionally worsen when pressure is applied to certain parts of the face and head. There is also the possibility of developing a cyst within a sinus cavity. You may want to look into this, especially if you have a history of multiple prior cysts elsewhere.
    gregtfish 67 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement