Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

Genital warts and Labia sores?

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 12 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 3, 2007
  • 10:01 PM

Hello, for the past 3 years i've had these weird fleshy lumps around the vaginal opening, which believe may well be genital warts, but they also have tiny pin ****k like open red sores and alot of red raw skin around them making them incredibly painful, i was just wondering if genital warts could cause this kinda of skin condition? thanks alot :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• Sounds more like herpes2. I think the warts would be on your cervix. Get a pap and blood test for herpes.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 10:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have this odd sore on the outer labia. It's the second time I have noticed one (both have been in the past year). It's very red around the base, and the sore actually sticks up quite a bit, with a slightly whitish head. While inspecting the top popped, and a mixture of blood and a white fluid leaked from it for a minute before stopping. I've never had any kind of sexual activity, so I'm at a complete loss as to what it could be. Might anyone have any ideas?I hope its just some kind of rash..I don't have health insurance, and I definately cant afford to go to the docotor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2007
    • 03:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • A better way to describe the sore is it looks like a pimple, but alot more distended.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2007
    • 03:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • For the poster who said they had problems for three years, it definitely sounds more like genital warts if you have had a continuous problem rather than one that came and went. Herpes comes and goes and is not continuous. Also, the red pin ****k spots are not surprising either relating to a long term outbreak of warts. The pain is probably caused by additional damage to the area due to the length of time you have had this problem without treatment. Genital warts are typically removed by a serious of acid treatments to kill off the warts and so you will have to seek treatment or else you are setting yourself up for more extensive medical problems such as cervical cancer. For the poster who complains about the blister type problem. It sounds very much like you have Herpes. I know that you said your partner was a virgin but partners are not always truthful. Also, he could technically be a virgin but have had enough sexual contact with someone to have had the disease trasmitted to him (i.e. oral sex with someone who has a fever blister is a good example). You should definitely get checked so that you can get on Valtrex which help reduce your chance of recurrent outbreaks and also reduce the risk of transmitting this to another person. If it turns out not to be Herpes, it is possible, but very hard to tell without seeing the problem, that you are experiencing blisters due to ingrown hairs from shaving if they are located in a shaving area. Herpes blisters on the labia will typically not have hairs in them. If your blisters have hair in them, perhaps this is your problem and it isn't an STD after all. I would, however, still recommmend a visit to the OB/GYN for a complete screening and then practice safe sex using condems from here on out to avoid further stress like this. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 15, 2007
    • 05:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • No, for the poster that has had this problem for three years this sounds exactly like herpes. The time frame from which the sores go and come depends upon that person whether he or she is stressed often or other things that can trigger the sores to appear. Genital warts don't cause painful sores they cause rarely noticable warts. Go get checked out...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2007
    • 10:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree. Like I said, a blood test for herpes 2 and then a pap to rule out warts. You have to find out so you don't spread it around. You can spread it before you break out. If it's coming and going, I believe it is herpes.
    • October 30, 2007
    • 04:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • For the virgin...totally???? Well, if you have ever had oral sex and the man had herpes 1, he could give you herpes 1 on the genitals...then it becomes genital herpes. Really sound exactly like herpes, too. You will have to wait until you have $$$ to get the blood work for both herpes 1 and 2...probably need about $200. I have seen places online where you can make appointments to get your blood work drawn yourself, with the reports sent to you...saves the middle man and half the money: Here's a web site to arrange your own for $89:http://www.labsafe.com/lab-tests/test/432/ and $129 for 1 and 2: http://www.labsafe.com/lab-tests/test/430/ Be sure and change the city...
    • October 30, 2007
    • 05:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have a question, i just noticed yesterday that i had one small pimple like sore on the outside of my vagina i popped it and it was white fluid and blood and now it is a dark colored and isnt really raised now..what could that be??!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2008
    • 06:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • could be herpes or could be nothing...get a blood test and then you know and won't give it to anyone..
    • January 24, 2008
    • 08:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I was searching for almost the exact same question as the person who posted the topic. Except that I HAVE been diagnosed with genital warts almost 6 years ago. The sores seem to come and go, and have been told they may be ingrown hairs, and I have never had a test come back positive for herpes. However, the information regarding herpes seems to be unclear coming from different health care providers, at least with the ability to be sure with a test. So, like you, I don't know what the sores are, but the fleshy bumps sound like genital warts. I am not diagnosing you, I agree whole heartedly that you should go to a health care provider and get tested. You aren't the first person they've tested and you shouldn't feel embarrassed. If anything, you should feel good about doing the right thing and finding out the truth so you can protect other people from catching it, if it is an STD. If you do, in fact have genital warts, I highly recommend using the wart treatment from amoils.com. I tried several different treatments, prescription and natural, and the oils there have worked like a charm. Natural doesn't always mean safe, so if you have a reaction, by all means stop using it. I didn't have any problems, and it also helped relieve the itching and thicker discharge that comes with HPV (I know, gross). It works! I tried it after almost 5 years of nothing working, and it did work. Again, get diagnosed first, please. If you need it, something WILL work for you :)As for the person who can't afford it...please go to your local Health Department. That's what it's for and they should have some kind of program that all you have to do is fill out a little paperwork and they'll test you. I've had to use this option before and so have many others. Please check :)Hope this helps and good luck to you all :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey,I've been noticing that I have these bumps on my vagina they're not like warts but they actually look like a group of pimples. Please some one explain what this maybe.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 03:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i have a question, i just noticed yesterday that i had one small pimple like sore on the outside of my vagina i popped it and it was white fluid and blood and now it is a dark colored and isnt really raised now..what could that be??!sounds more like a boil to me
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement