Discussions By Condition: Pain

is it pudendal neuralgia or hernia surgery complication?

Posted In: Pain 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 26, 2007
  • 06:45 PM

I lifted a heavy object in June 2006, felt in pain in obturator area and all around hip joint. doctors could not diagnose the problem. as I also had a very tiny inguinal hernia they advised me to have it repaired. This was done by open surgery, Shouldice repair, reinforced by a 3D Parietex patch. Six weeks after surgery I lifted some heavy boxes, and have had increasing undiagnosed pain since. For 8 months the pain was perineal/rectal, got to the point where I am unable to sit anymore. I found pudendal nerve sites and discovered the symptoms described there corresponded perfectly to what I experience. But my doctors know nothing about pudendal nerve ailment, so they just say I an wrong. Six weeks ago I started having pain at my hernia incision site as well, went to see a hernia surgeon, who said my surgery is fine, I should now see a gynaecologist to check whether this could be endometriosis. I never had endom. in my life and am now menopaused. The pains are also constant and do not vary with a menstrual cycle. The idea of edom. seems preposterous. In the meantime I hurt more and more... Has anyone had a diagnosed pudendal nerve entrapment? or a hernia surgery complication mimicking the symptoms of PNE?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• It appears that you have Pudendal Neuralgia/Entrapment, go to pudendalhelp.org and search the site for a doctor in your area, there are only a few that can treat you and they are also neurosurgeons as well. Print the info out and bring it with you. Sitting is painful, you have to get a donut pillow sold at medical supply stores to relieve the area around the buttocks. I had two nerve blocks and when that didn't help I now have EMG's vaginally to teach my pelvic muscles to relax and act normally again that way they would stop striking the muscle. I beleive I got this way from a lot of lifting at my business. Good Luck!I lifted a heavy object in June 2006, felt in pain in obturator area and all around hip joint. doctors could not diagnose the problem. as I also had a very tiny inguinal hernia they advised me to have it repaired. This was done by open surgery, Shouldice repair, reinforced by a 3D Parietex patch. Six weeks after surgery I lifted some heavy boxes, and have had increasing undiagnosed pain since. For 8 months the pain was perineal/rectal, got to the point where I am unable to sit anymore. I found pudendal nerve sites and discovered the symptoms described there corresponded perfectly to what I experience. But my doctors know nothing about pudendal nerve ailment, so they just say I an wrong. Six weeks ago I started having pain at my hernia incision site as well, went to see a hernia surgeon, who said my surgery is fine, I should now see a gynaecologist to check whether this could be endometriosis. I never had endom. in my life and am now menopaused. The pains are also constant and do not vary with a menstrual cycle. The idea of edom. seems preposterous. In the meantime I hurt more and more... Has anyone had a diagnosed pudendal nerve entrapment? or a hernia surgery complication mimicking the symptoms of PNE?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 8, 2010
    • 05:09 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement