Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Benign Lytic Lesion on the skull.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 23, 2007
  • 03:03 AM

I have had really bad headaches for about 10 days now. I went to my family doctor and he put me in the hospital to run tests. He done a catscan on me and the result came back benign lytic lesion on my skull. Both the doctor and neurologist said it is nothing to worry with. I am wondering if any one out there has a clue what this means. I have been on the enternet looking this up and I can't find anything. Please help.
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I have had really bad headaches for about 10 days now. I went to my family doctor and he put me in the hospital to run tests. He done a catscan on me and the result came back benign lytic lesion on my skull. Both the doctor and neurologist said it is nothing to worry with. I am wondering if any one out there has a clue what this means. I have been on the enternet looking this up and I can't find anything. Please help.ThanksI fell and the CT at the ER revealed Multiple Lytic Lesions of the skull...I was sent to an Oncologist who had a complete skeletal xray because insurance insists on a certain order of things (which I understand..to a point) then it came back ok..after that insurance allowed a CT of the head and neck abdomen and pelvis..and the Oncologist said she thought I had internal cancer...it all came back ok...then the Oncologist referred me to a Neurologist who examined all the previous findings and was taking the findings to a board of Neurologist and Oncologist and ordered an MRI of the Head and Neck(I have had neck problems) which were done on 8/7/09. I still have not heard back from the Neurologist regarding the MRI's. I called 3 times last week and was told when the Neurologist looked at the MRI's he'd call me. I fell on June 23, 2009 and every day to this day thinking cancer. After a while you go from extreme anxiety to numbness. The fall also hurt my neck and right shoulder and elbow which is so painful and a physician won't address until the Neurologist makes some kind of statement concerning the MRI's. At this point no cancer anywhere, not in the brain either. The lesions are there and noone knows why and I am in a slow boat. I have a brother and sister and Maternal Grandmother with Leukemia although it is not heriditary. I test ok on that. The waiting and wondering and the pain not being managed is really straining me. Any ideas?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2009
    • 11:54 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement