Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Itchy top of eyelid

Posted In: Eye conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 22, 2007
  • 07:20 PM

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help, but I have had this for a while now its just the top of one eyelid its gets really itchy. When I dont touch it or scratch it, it becomes flakey, then when i do itch it you can see the skin of the eyelid go red and my actual eye closes up slightly. And when i touch the skin at the top of the eyelid, from going dry/flakey it becomes moist/sticky like.

Not sure if maybe i have a small cut on the skin of the eyelid?

Any ideas is much appreciated.

Katy

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I have the same problem. So far i've been putting triple antibiotic ointment on it and resisting the urge to itch it and it has gotten better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 1, 2007
    • 07:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,If the outside of the eyelid is itchy it could be from something that you ate or maybe a cosmetic or makeup that you are using. If it is the inside it could be conjunctivitis. For the outside eyelid use a cortisone cream. If it's the inside use a mass cell stabilizer eyedrop like Baush and Lomb Alaway or Zaditor to relieve the itch. Sounds to me like an allergic reaction I should know. Brandon
    fedexboxes 3 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 08:51 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement