Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Itchy top of eyelid

Posted In: Eye conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 22, 2007
  • 07:20 PM

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help, but I have had this for a while now its just the top of one eyelid its gets really itchy. When I dont touch it or scratch it, it becomes flakey, then when i do itch it you can see the skin of the eyelid go red and my actual eye closes up slightly. And when i touch the skin at the top of the eyelid, from going dry/flakey it becomes moist/sticky like.

Not sure if maybe i have a small cut on the skin of the eyelid?

Any ideas is much appreciated.

Katy

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I have the same problem. So far i've been putting triple antibiotic ointment on it and resisting the urge to itch it and it has gotten better.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 1, 2007
    • 07:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,If the outside of the eyelid is itchy it could be from something that you ate or maybe a cosmetic or makeup that you are using. If it is the inside it could be conjunctivitis. For the outside eyelid use a cortisone cream. If it's the inside use a mass cell stabilizer eyedrop like Baush and Lomb Alaway or Zaditor to relieve the itch. Sounds to me like an allergic reaction I should know. Brandon
    fedexboxes 3 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 08:51 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement