Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Skin Pain!!!

Posted In: Skin conditions 439 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 17, 2006
  • 05:32 PM

Just wondering if anyone else out there has the same skin pain I experience?I do not have it all the time maybe 3 or 4 times a month and it is very painful to the touch and by the touch of clothing to my skin.I have no discoloration or bumps or any other noticable symptoms with this issue.The doctors say they have never heard such a thing!! Just cheking to see if I am alone with this or anyone may know what it may be.

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • The word pain has a very broad spectrum. I have had a tenderness to the touch kind of pain in certain places on my skin that I figured out later was due to clothing or something else rubbing in that area too much. No rash or redness was there so at first I was unsure what it was.
    Esti94590 6 Replies
    • September 26, 2006
    • 05:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have achy skin and am glad to hear I not the only one with this symptom. :rolleyes: The best wasy for me to discribe the pain would be like when you have the flu and your skin hurts to touch. It hurts when wearing clothing or sitting (since the pain usually hits my back side). It usually appears in my lower extremities (buttocks and down the back of my upper leg). It will hang around for 2 to 3 days and either go away or move to the other side of my body. I have these symptoms 3 or 4 times a month. I have tried soaking in epsom salt but that does not relieve the pain. I have been searchingfor some feed back on my symptoms but have not received any response. My doctor has never heard of this. Can any one help me out?
    cindlec 1 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 04:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My skin hurts as well. My right thigh, a patch on the back of my left arm, and the back of my left hand all feel like they have been burned when I touch them or my clothes rub against it. I am pregnant and don't know if this is some weird hormone thing. The skin itself looks normal. I keep expecting to see some kind of redness but have yet to see any. Any ideas?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2006
    • 00:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well i've seen a couple things on the net talking about it possibly being related to pregnancy.. but i know im not pregnant... im still a teen :s i have the same pain, feels like a bad burn or like the skin is being ripped off... it covers my right side and spreads down covering my right hip but there's no discoloration, no marks, no bumps... theres nothing there... I also heard tight clothing or something could cause it.. but i hadnt been wearing anything that would have caused it when it happened.. its my first time experiencing it. nice to know im not crazy though :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2006
    • 11:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • On the left side of my back, right in the bend of my waist, I am experiencing this.When it's not very bad, sometimes it itches, feels tingly and numb, and milddiscomfort.When it's bad, it's almost mind-numbing.As today, if anything brushes against that portion of my back, or if my shirttouches it, it's as though it's on fire, or feels like a knife is slicing me open.It's been bad for about a week now, and I've begun to notice a pattern.It'll go for a spell with only mild symptoms, then the flare-up, the incrediblepain and discomfort, this will begin to wane, then it's almost normal for a fewweeks, then it begins all over again.A doctor at the e.r. thought I was in the beginning stages of having shingles,and told me until I broke out in a rash, nothing could be done.Well, this was diagnosed in September, and I've yet to break out in a rash.Another doctor prescribed antibiotics, and there seemed to be an improvementfor a few weeks, then back to business as usual.I suppose my next stop is going to be the neurologist, as I've had tests to ruleout other possibilities.robin
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2006
    • 00:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im the girl who left the post before robin's. well, my doctor just told me today that its the beginning of shingles as well :s now i get to play the waiting game i suppose... i think in my case the doctor may be right, but if not i'll be here again probably. Hope everyone feels better soon.-Heather
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 13, 2006
    • 03:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I experience the exact same thing...only it is once every couple of months. It is a discomfort that last for a couple of days. And it always is on the lower part of my body, on my **m and on my thighs, very much like I have a little fever just in my skin. It makes me sensitive to temperature and clothing, and especially sitting on the porcelin throne. It started about 5 years ago and I've never told anybody...until recently I told my husband and he never heard of such a thing...I also have a lot of early morning back pain and a few other symptoms that are leading me to have my dr. check me for rheumatoit arthritis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 13, 2006
    • 10:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I sometimes have pain under the skin, the same for my scalp when I have a migraine. I feel like my skin is to tight for my body.I can't tolorate hubby to touch me usually I like him giving me massages but these days of pain I can't let him close. I was diagnosed with fibro by a rheumatolo.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have skin pain on my right leg. it feels like a burn or sting. It just started a few days ago and its very uncomforatable at times. I get relief when I apply pressure but i can't spend the day gripping my leg. I tried a numbing creme but that didn't help. So far, from the other posts it doesn't sound dangerous but I do wonder what's going on.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2006
    • 08:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have also expererieced this problem. My symptoms:Skin very sensitive to the touchMy buttMy thighsMy lower legsAnd now into my feet and anklesSometimes on my lower abdomensensitive scalp (especially during Migraines) Sometimes when I dont have migrainesThere are no outward appearances of any rash or signs on my skin itself. Only thing I do now is that I have tested Postitive for this ANA test. Not sure what that means. My fear is that I have had fibroids, dermoid cysts, and a meningioma. I am almost scared I have some underlying health condition that is causing the growths and the skin tingling problem. I will keep this forum posted.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2006
    • 06:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To Unregistered about ANA Sorry to reply so late I had not a chance to get online much lately.Here is a link explaning ANA
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 31, 2006
    • 04:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Some of you have described an episodic itching and burning sensation on one side of your body, even though it might be several places . Have you considered zona? (shingles). That's what the symptoms are...For my part I just spent the worse week of my life. Terrible itching sensation, burning, and feeling like things were crawling over me or like I was receiving electric shocks on my nerve endings. Had crusty patches on my stomach but it ended up responding to eczema ointment (even though my doctor had told me that wasn't it - Could be a coincidence. I tried it on the 5th day. It left dark patches of discolored skin on my stomach. My situation is complicated by the fact that I also suffer from eczema and keratosis pilaris. At first, I just thought it was dry skin and kp. Then, at one point, I thought it might be zona, but the symptoms do not appear on one side of my body, they're generalized. Even to my scalp, which is very itchy and dandruffy. Anybody with similar symptoms? I think I'm being misdiagnosed because I have other skin disorders (eczema and kp). It's happened before. I've had varicella when I was a kid and I'm currently anemic.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 00:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I experience skin pain every couple of months. So far it has appeared in Random places. Sometimes on my right side sometimes on my hand and lower arm. Right now I feel it on the back of my thigh. It is slightly painful when clothing rubs on it or when I touch it. It is not red or discolored. I have never had a rash because of it or itchyness. There is no visible sign or explanation at all of why it hurts. I am a 25 year old female and I have never been pregnant. I also take care of myself and eat healthy. I have no idea what this is caused from.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 10, 2007
    • 00:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow! I can't believe so many people have this same skin problem/pain/tender as me. My skin just started to feel this pain on my waist between my navel and left hip a few days ago. It has now also gone to my right hip. I've never had this before and I don't have any rash or discoloration. At first I thought it was shingles but it supposed to only be on one side of my body. So I figured that I search the web before I call my doctor. If I find out anything from my dr. I will keep this forum updated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2007
    • 09:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been feeling these same symptoms for 2 days now. I'm a 37 yo male. Tenderness mostly around upper legs. wearing pants makes you notice it more, and the toilet seat seems colder than usual when I sit on it! Now that I know other get this, WHAT IS IT???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 03:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Try Shingles without rash or posttherpetic neuralgia...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 05:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the same problem when i was pregnant. The pain had got so bad that i was induced before my due date. As soon as the baby was born the pain went away. I also had no rash or any sign of skin irritation.My skin hurts as well. My right thigh, a patch on the back of my left arm, and the back of my left hand all feel like they have been burned when I touch them or my clothes rub against it. I am pregnant and don't know if this is some weird hormone thing. The skin itself looks normal. I keep expecting to see some kind of redness but have yet to see any. Any ideas?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 06:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had these pains forever and I asked my doctor, he's referred me to a neurologist and I'm waiting for that. He did tell me it could be related to something due to diabetes or pre diabetes. He said the name and all I remember was it begins with M and is a multiword thing. It does something to your nerve endings. At first everyone thought it was shingles, but since it's been so long with no rash that's been ruled out. Hope this helps a little.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 11:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 39 yo male. And the tenderness that I feel around my waist is terrible when I wear pants. Actually anything that rubs on my waist enhances the feeling. Also, my wifes hands feel really cold if she puts her hands on my waist. I hope someone knows what this is. Or I hope it goes away soon. I've been feeling these same symptoms for 2 days now. I'm a 37 yo male. Tenderness mostly around upper legs. wearing pants makes you notice it more, and the toilet seat seems colder than usual when I sit on it! Now that I know other get this, WHAT IS IT???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 19, 2007
    • 10:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had these pains forever and I asked my doctor, he's referred me to a neurologist and I'm waiting for that. He did tell me it could be related to something due to diabetes or pre diabetes. He said the name and all I remember was it begins with M and is a multiword thing. It does something to your nerve endings. At first everyone thought it was shingles, but since it's been so long with no rash that's been ruled out. Hope this helps a little. Did he said that it could be Allodynia ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllodyniaI have fibromyalgia and the rheumathologist told me that it ( the skin pain ) was due to extrem sensibility that comes with fibro.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2007
    • 03:35 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement