Discussions By Condition: Endometrial conditions

Post Menopausal Spotting

Posted In: Endometrial conditions 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 20, 2007
  • 11:30 AM

I am 57 and have been in menopause for three years. I recently had spotting. It was light brownish in color and about a half dollar in size on my panties. Also, a few drops of red on the toilet paper. This only happened once about two weeks ago. Every thing I read about post menopausal spotting says you should see a Dr. immediately. What I can't find is if this means after only one incident or should I wait to see if I have anymore incidences before scheduling a Dr. appointment. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• I'm 57 too, and this year I had the slightest trace of post-menopausal spotting, repeated over a few weeks. It was endometrial cancer. It's up to you, but don't be afraid of the big C diagnosis. Catch it early and the uterus can be removed with no detriment, and very little chance of spread. If you are currently stressing about this, the stress hormones will simply aggravate any cancer that's developing. But still (AFAIK) the greatest chance is that you just had a hormone blip or a slight trauma, eg recent smear (pap) test or slight abrasion. BTW a recent clear smear test has no bearing whatever on uterine cancers - misses them altogether. I had a clear one just before I was diagnosed.My view is always to get as much information as possible about anything, as ignorance worries me more. But you do what's right for you, and good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 25, 2007
    • 01:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Peace, I'm 58 this year, haven't had a period in 2 yrs, now all of a sudden I am bleeding heavily, actually pouring bright red blood! Can you believe I had to go to the store to get Overnight pads...that's how heavy it is even in the day. About 2 1/2 yrs ago during a Well-Woman's check-up fibroids were found. They weren't bothering me, so I didn't do any more investigation. And last month I had to take meds for osteoarthritis of the knee which included B12 injections. Does anyone have any idea is fibroids can burst/or cause abnormal bleeding? Somehow I don't think this is 'my last cleaning'. Any feedback is welcomed.
    natural is better 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Iam 60y female and I had slight vaginal bleeding yesterday after Itook 2 cystone pills could I know what shall iIdo?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2009
    • 02:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm 57 too, and this year I had the slightest trace of post-menopausal spotting, repeated over a few weeks. It was endometrial cancer. It's up to you, but don't be afraid of the big C diagnosis. Catch it early and the uterus can be removed with no detriment, and very little chance of spread. If you are currently stressing about this, the stress hormones will simply aggravate any cancer that's developing. But still (AFAIK) the greatest chance is that you just had a hormone blip or a slight trauma, eg recent smear (pap) test or slight abrasion. BTW a recent clear smear test has no bearing whatever on uterine cancers - misses them altogether. I had a clear one just before I was diagnosed.My view is always to get as much information as possible about anything, as ignorance worries me more. But you do what's right for you, and good luck.Thank for the information.I am post menopausal since feb 09..i have spotting just recently,doc told me it common if it less then a year..it better to be safe then sorry.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thank for the information.I am post menopausal since feb 09..i have spotting just recently,doc told me it common if it less then a year..it better to be safe then sorry.[/QUO
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2009
    • 05:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you for bringing this up. I just turned 54 and haven't had my periods since 1999. I had light spotting a couple of months ago, but thought it was my imagination or my ibs. Then I had real brown spotting two more times and that scared me too. I saw my obgyn who did a d&C and uterine biopsy on 10/2. Now, I'm having alot of abdominal pain almost in the center of my abdomen different from the Ibs cramps I have. I haven't gotten the results yet. I scheduled my appointment, next week, but can't wait that long, so I called her and am presently waiting for her to call me back. I suppose it could be a UTI after the d&c, because they had to put me out to do it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2009
    • 05:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 56 and last year and this I had some light but regular post-menopausal bleeding. 5 days ago I had a hysteroscopy and d&c. They told me everything was fine, no polyps, nothing, and therefore no treatment. I expected some bleeding afterward and there was some. It stopped after about 48 hours, replaced by some brown spotting but the last couple of days it has started again a little more than before. There's no pain or any other symptoms. I know I should expect some bleeding for a while afterwards but as a keen 3-times a week swimmer I'm wondering when I will be able to get back to it because I hate walking just for exercise. Anyone had a similar experience and how long did it last?
    normanug 1 Replies
    • February 13, 2010
    • 07:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 57 and have been in menopause for three years. I recently had spotting. It was light brownish in color and about a half dollar in size on my panties. Also, a few drops of red on the toilet paper. This only happened once about two weeks ago. Every thing I read about post menopausal spotting says you should see a Dr. immediately. What I can't find is if this means after only one incident or should I wait to see if I have anymore incidences before scheduling a Dr. appointment. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Any help would be appreciated.I am 54, and have not had a period in 2 years. I just recently had a similar experience. I am currently dieting. Could a low fat diet trigger spotting?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement