Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

feels like a baby kicking-not pregnant

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 201 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 15, 2006
  • 03:30 PM

I keep having this sensation like a baby kicking, but I am not pregnant. It is on the left side and it has been going on for a few days. I have not been eating anything unusual and I have been going to the restroom like normal. The sensation is about 4 inches to the left of my bellybutton and is driving me nuts! Anyone...?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • Did you ever get a response to this? I have the same exact thing going on and I'm almost concerned. It's going on for the past 3 weeks now.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 2, 2006
    • 08:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • gas comes to mind...:confused: I keep having this sensation like a baby kicking, but I am not pregnant. It is on the left side and it has been going on for a few days. I have not been eating anything unusual and I have been going to the restroom like normal. The sensation is about 4 inches to the left of my bellybutton and is driving me nuts! Anyone...?:confused:
    birdie 40 Replies
    • November 2, 2006
    • 09:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • alien embryo
    sheridan 4 Replies
    • November 3, 2006
    • 04:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • OMG, This is the first time I heard of anyone having the same thing as me. I just went to the doctor the other day for a follow up (they think I have colitis) and I told him that I have the strangest thing. It feels like a baby is kicking me on my left side and that I am not pregnant. I have to go see a Gastroenterologist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 08:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi there i woke up with this same problem today. mine is also just above the belly button and slightly over to the left. anyone found out what theres is yet?
    raymae 21 Replies
    • December 9, 2006
    • 08:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the *exact* same thing over the last week. It's not always so high as my belly button though. A little lower. It feels genuinely like a baby kicking. My husband even pushed his hand up against my abdomen and confirms that it feels exactly like a baby. Someone in another forum told me that it always turns out to be gas when she gets that baby kicking feeling. I'd be curious to know if it is colitis or something I should go to a gastroenterologist for.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 18, 2006
    • 00:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It might feel like you're getting stabbed in the area, but drink something hot and see if it helps, it really could be gas, seriously, if you don't drink something hot regularly, you could get it, if you do drink it regularly and stop, you might get it, so try it, you have no reason not to, and if it feels any worse then seeing a doctor is a good idea.
    thatredfella 12 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 00:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ok - I've been googling all evening looking for something like this! This started a couple of months ago and mine is on the right side, a couple of inches below my belly button. It's progressed to the point where my abdomen actually (and visibly) expands a bit - today there was a sharp burning pain at the same time (it only last a few minutes.) I'm definitely not pregnant (it would be an immaculate conception if I was!) and it doesn't feel like gas...Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Wow, I also have had this experience twice, months apart, each lasting for several weeks. The first time it was in my lower left side of my abdomen. The second time just above my belly button. Everytime I sneezed it would start, just like if there were a baby and I woke it up. My doctor told me it was gas but quite frankly, I have been so ill the past two years with not one diagnosis for any of my symptoms. For awhile I felt like I was going to pass out after eating, not always, it depended on what I ate. I pretty much figured out I could not eat gluten. Then my son was diagnosed with celiac so I suspect I have it too. Although my biopsy and blood tests were negative (well I had been gluten free on my own for a year prior). Anyway, when you see the gastroenterologist, it couldn't hurt to get the celiac blood panel test done. It is often misdiagnosed as IBS etc.Just curious, I assume all of the individuals who said it feels like a baby kicking are female? The way I have been feeling I think the alien embryo (or other parasite) suggestion could be the answer to my problem!! Just wait until I suggest this to the Doc!! He has already told me I need a psychologist!
  • The post title just made me want to come in and read. I am the same person who has written the post "worms seen after flushing".I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms you mentioned(which has progressed after a few months to cramps) but I have also seen worms after flushing my stools on some occasions.I hate to freak any of you out and infact this should not, since poeple might have the same symptoms but infact have different causes to their individual problems. This happens because the pathophysiology (or mechanics) is similar.In my case, a side effect of parasitic infestation is excessive gas production...and thus i am assuming it is the gas causing my symptoms.However there are numerous causes for excess gas production in the intestines...so please none of you need to start staring at your poo like mad eye moody everytime you go.
  • :confused: hum?? i have had the same things for the last 3 years? i feel like my drs don't care cause im over weight and that is the first thing they look at.. after i had my last daughter i had paralizing back problems whe i could hardly move. i had the pain in my stomach floowed with my bowl movement i would often poop out blood not just a little but like i was freshly cut and it was bleeding realy bad is how my bloody blows would be basicly pooping blood with poo. but any ways now im on the search to look for the blood test for celiac dease so my dr now can check cause he don't know of it. but i don't know much of colitis???? more to research?:confused:
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have been having this same thing for two weeks. Ever since I have changed my diet and been eating better to try and loose weight for summer. After talking to my mother, who has had this for years, I found out that as long as this is not painful, its usual cause is from candida(or yeast) die-off. When you have excess yeast in your body(look this up on your search engine, you'll be amazed at what excess yeast can do to your body), and then it start to die off, it releases large bubbles of gas. Not the same as from eating broccoli etc... If it gets painful it could still be this or something else. I hope this helps all of you!
  • Hi to all,I have had this problem to for several years after having 3 children, and yes it does feel like a baby kicking, but i can assure you all that's it's not. I have suffered teribally with bowl problems since having the childern, I can confirm that this problem is definatley really bad wind!!!!
  • Wow. My daughter is 2 so I know what a baby feels like and also what gas feels like. i've been a gassy person all my life=) Its definitely not gas and feels exactly like a baby moving. I went to the docs back in January. They thought I was crazy and the explanation they gave me was that I want to be pregnant (which couldn't be further from the truth) so bad that my body is convinced that its pregnant. I have another appt with a different doc in May to hopefully get an answer to what seems to be an alien in my belly.
  • OK this is just PLAIN CRAZY - i have the SAME symptoms - feels like a baby kicking inside - you can actually see my belly move - have two kids - so know what gas feels like and know what babies feel like - ALEIN is all i can say - it freaks me out that maybe a parasite but would just like to know what it is. 4 regualr periods and really no chance that i am pregnant - a test would confirm this - does ANYONE have answers other than GAS????
  • I am soooooo glad this is not all in my mind. My symptoms started Friday and I went to the ER on Saturday because on WEBMD it says if you have pulsating in your abdomen it could be an aortic anyeurism. My dad had a triple bypass and bad heart - it runs in the family so off I ran to the ER and they took blood and xrays and said it was just due to the dirreaha I had recently experienced and it's just going through a hyper phase.I don't belive it, otherwise why else would I be here looking for more answers.It has gotten progressively worse over the days, sometimes a bit unbearable.I've had babies and I've had gas and this is neither, although my abdomen is starting to distend. I too thought of parasites/worms, I think I'll do a colon cleanse as soon as possible. Let's keep each other all informed about this.-Romana
  • I had the same thing, I couldn't have possibly been pregnant, but I was contemplating buying a pregnancy test. I finally (correct or incorrect) that it was a muscle spasm.
    Cala1234 57 Replies Flag this Response
  • Wow, glad I am not alone, I am sure I cannot be pregnant, I have had no other symptoms, and regular periods for many months. But it does feel EXACTLY like a baby kicking me on the left side of my abdomen, right above my belly button. It's very bizzarre because I can actually see my abdomen heave, like it does when you are pregnant and having that baby kick you. Relieved to know its not only me experiencing this abnormality. The post about the anyruism did freak me a little though! I have been having this sensation all day and evening, and several times in the past months. But I have to say, I have been very bloated and gassy, so I am thinking the pocket of gas theory could be correct. I really hope that's what it is, lol. Cause finding out I was far enough along in pregnancy to be having kicks would be a nightmare to say the least.
  • It started yesterday. It is like a baby kicking but on the right side of chest. Have no clue what it is. yeah...sal
  • ok im so glad, but also now afraid that ive found this! so i have an almost 3 year old daugter and ever since after i had her ive felt more gas then i did before, like maybe having her made my body more sensitive and i can tell more whats going on inside like gas and such? but anyways, lately the past like 4 or 5 months ive been feeling kinda tired and having more of that feeling. it kinda has gotten worse in the past 2 months more and today i totally freaked out, it was sooooo hard, it really felt like a baby kicking! and usually when i feel it, i put my hand on it to check and it goes away, but this time, it didnt stop, and i moved my hand and looked and i could see it! my heart jumped and i was like what! the chances of me being pregnant are low, but possible, im on the pill, but everynow and then i forget and or take it late, maybe about 3 times a month or ok, maybe like 5,blah, i know, im horrible, but i have had my periods, but htey have been a bit lighter, one month it was barely there. i have researched online and some women have had periods through their pregnancies all the way. so i dont know what to think, should i take a test? and if i was pregnant, would it be able to tell, i read somewhere that when its further along the tests could be wrong, and to be feeling a baby, id have to be at least 5or 6 months, though i dont show, expcept for the fatty tummy left behind from my first child.yes some people say hat worrying or thinking, or subconsciously wanting to be pregnant can make signs come up cuz your body gets confused.really i think id rather be pregnant than have one of the deseases i read about in here, or some parasites. though ive had no diareahha or bloody stool or worms in it. i actually have a little constipation problem. its not like horribly bad where i need stool softeners but it is most of the time hard and small, and hard to get out because of that, sorry if thats gross.sooooone question, has anyone whos had this actually ever turned out to be pregnant? if people are having sex, even when bc, it could be possible, so is it possible at all?i will keep researching, but you have put my mind at ease. im not ready for another child now, though i have joked with my bf about having another many times, and am i now paying for my careless jokes?sorry this is so long, im so worried. i also have been very very tired lately, head aches, eye aches, and sometimes feel sick in my stomach when i havent eaten in a long time (a way i used to feel when i was pregnant, but continued to feel after i had my baby, though it has gotten more intense lately)so yeah, could i be pregnant? if so will i be able to tell with a test? i dont have insurance so its not like i can go to a doctor and ask so im kinda screwed eiher if i am or if im sick with something else, so sorry about my panickyness.ok well hope some one can help.thanks.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement