Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Pain, numbness, on right side of body

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: sunshineibanez
  • August 14, 2007
  • 00:32 AM

About 7 months ago I began to feel a small "numb" spot on my right thigh no larger than a golf ball in diameter. I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought maybe I had just slept wrong. Well, it never went away. Then 2 months ago it spread from my right buttock all the way down to my knee. My foot gets a random pins and needles feeling that comes and goes (different from all of the other numbness). About three weeks after that I noticed a small golf ball size numb spot on my right upper arm. That too has spread. My right chest, shoulder blade and arm are numb minus the sensation I can still feel in my thumb and pointer fingers. My arm feels very heavy and weak. My shoulder droops as well. My right cheek also has diminished sensation. The numbness is constant and never gets better only worse. I also have a persistent headache which will occasionally get so bad I cannot function at all. I saw my PCP and he ordered blood work and a CT with and w/o contrast, all of which was normal. He referred me to a neurologist, but they cannot see me for a month and it is all very painful. I cannot have an MRI because of RSD in my left hand. Does anyone have any ideas? I am really getting scared.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement