Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Lower right abdominal pain when sneezing

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 14, 2006
  • 11:50 AM

For as long as I can remember I've had a few allergies which sometimes make me sneeze a lot. About a month ago I had a week of almost non-stop sneezing on account of going to the seaside on holiday. At some point I started feeling pain in my lower right abdomen when sneezing. The pain intensified the more I sneezed but I noticed that if I pushed in that part of my abdomen while I sneezed it would hurt less.

I visited a doctor and have had an echography of the area done where the doctor told me that an abdominal muscle was affected but that there would be no problem. He didn't believe me when I told him this happened because of sneezing. But he said there was no hernia or something of the sort (which I've had operated previously).

Trouble is, instead of getting better the pain is worsening and now there's also a noticeable swelling of the area. The swelling occured when I sneezed once without holding down the area and felt severe pain.

I don't know if my muscles are so weak that I can hurt them just by sneezing or if there is some other cause to the pain. I'm only in my twenties and though I do not regularly work out I'm not in a terrible physical condition.

In a possibly related event, 4 months ago, by making a swift movement, very severe pain shot through my back, I fell down and was taken home by a friend. In a few days the pain had disappeared. I had an xray done which revealed no bone anomalies. The doctor recommended exercising the back muscles which I did.

I'm wondering if there's any muscle condition that might be associated with what I've been experiencing.

Thanks to anyone who's had the patience to read through my post any maybe leave an answer if they have experienced anything similar.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement