Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Mouth Ulcers, Sore and Bleeding Gums, Sore Throat.

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 7, 2007
  • 03:42 PM

I've been getting small ulcers in my mouth for several years now, I usually just bit the pain and went on with it. But now I've gotten one on my tongue (now two) and the pain is so different that I can't get used to it. The first one seems to of healed up, but I don't think I can feel or taste anything there anymore, the second one started this morning. I also have one on the inside of my lip that I think came from biting my lip.

About the same time I started feeling very ill and had a severe sore throat, some thought it was strep (no doctors, so I didn't get a test.) I feel better, I'm still a bit clammy and while I can swallow without wincing, my throat is still tender.

The third and last thing I noticed around the time of these two problems was that my gums had become extra red and sore. Some spots even bleeding in small tears when I brush.

I really don't want to go to a doctor until I get back to school, but that's a week from now. Is there anything else I can do besides take a pain killer and gargle with salt water?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Some things to consider:May have a series of "canker sores" that cause inflammation in the lymph glands in the throat. Hence the sore throat.It sounds as if you also have not had your teeth cleaned. Take a small mirror and look at the back of your front teeth.Is there white stuff(calculus, hard calcium deposit) on the lower front teeth? If so, you are way overdue for a good cleaning, These deposits need to be removed once a year by a competent dentist or hygienist and kept off by proper cleaning at home with floss and a good SOFT brush. Use the floss up and sown in a tight C shape on the sides of the teeth, not in a shoe-shine motion. Get plenty of rest and good nutrition and especially some vitamin c or good fresh citrus fruit, kiwi or fresh tomato for the C. Try to reduce stress and your gums should heal.If you can't see the dentist for a good cleaning right now for whatever reason, use these methods and you should get by until you can. I would still get a cleaning ASAP. I think these things may help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement