Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Mouth Ulcers, Sore and Bleeding Gums, Sore Throat.

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 7, 2007
  • 03:42 PM

I've been getting small ulcers in my mouth for several years now, I usually just bit the pain and went on with it. But now I've gotten one on my tongue (now two) and the pain is so different that I can't get used to it. The first one seems to of healed up, but I don't think I can feel or taste anything there anymore, the second one started this morning. I also have one on the inside of my lip that I think came from biting my lip.

About the same time I started feeling very ill and had a severe sore throat, some thought it was strep (no doctors, so I didn't get a test.) I feel better, I'm still a bit clammy and while I can swallow without wincing, my throat is still tender.

The third and last thing I noticed around the time of these two problems was that my gums had become extra red and sore. Some spots even bleeding in small tears when I brush.

I really don't want to go to a doctor until I get back to school, but that's a week from now. Is there anything else I can do besides take a pain killer and gargle with salt water?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Some things to consider:May have a series of "canker sores" that cause inflammation in the lymph glands in the throat. Hence the sore throat.It sounds as if you also have not had your teeth cleaned. Take a small mirror and look at the back of your front teeth.Is there white stuff(calculus, hard calcium deposit) on the lower front teeth? If so, you are way overdue for a good cleaning, These deposits need to be removed once a year by a competent dentist or hygienist and kept off by proper cleaning at home with floss and a good SOFT brush. Use the floss up and sown in a tight C shape on the sides of the teeth, not in a shoe-shine motion. Get plenty of rest and good nutrition and especially some vitamin c or good fresh citrus fruit, kiwi or fresh tomato for the C. Try to reduce stress and your gums should heal.If you can't see the dentist for a good cleaning right now for whatever reason, use these methods and you should get by until you can. I would still get a cleaning ASAP. I think these things may help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement