Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

diarrhea, exhaustion, headaches, nausea, light headedness

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: daisy704
  • August 4, 2007
  • 05:56 AM

About the end of March I went to the doctor with the symptoms of light headedness, exhaustion, nauseousness and diarrhea. After making sure I wasn't pregnant, the doctor sent me for stool samples and blood tests. My something or other functions were slightly off, but he said that didn't concern him. He said my cholesterol was fairly high and I need to change my lifestyle habits because he felt I was to young to begin taking the pills to help reduce the cholesterol. Heart disease runs high in my family and so this was enough to put a scary thought into my head and I took him seriously. I admit I'm not the healthiest eater and not fit, but I was willing to do what I had to do to feel better. So right away I began reading labels and buying healthier food choices (I gave up my favourite dessert - ice cream) and going for walks when I could. Into the beginning of May I wasn't feeling any different (though I lost 15 pounds) I went back to the doctors and once again complained. He then thought that I needed to try a weak dose of wellbutrin for depression - to give me more energy he said. I thought "he's the doctor, he knows what hes talking about". So I tried it for a month and went back in for a check up. I felt no different - he doubled the dosage. A week and a half later I was back in his office because I felt as if I was drunk all the time, tripping and nearly falling over everything, couldn't walk straight, go to lean over and felt as if the room was moving. My doctor then switched me back to the lower dosage that I began with. This prescription was messed up (the doctor filled it out incorrectly), it took a week and a half to sort out, so I went without medication for this time. Then my headaches (which I usually only get one or two bad ones a month) began to come at least once a week. I begun to feel more tired, so I quit taking the wellbutrin without my doctors advice. By this time it was just a few weeks ago, and now I am so exhausted that the thought of spending the day with my son and husband doesn't even make me want to get out of bed. I sleep on average 7 to 9 hours most nights. I'm still constantly nauseous, and I do get hungry but the thought of food is unappealing. I usually end up eating, for if I don't I get gut wrenching pain and feel weak. My headaches have increased to 3 or 4 times a week. I usually have about 2 or 3 bouts of watery diarrhea a day, and sometimes there is mucus with it. I've had this diarrhea issue for a year and a half, but just got worse since christmas 2006 (I had my gall bladder out Sept 2006). I get lightheaded once in a while, but not as often as I did.

I am only a 24 year old female. My health is beginning to affect my work - I am a day care teacher, and my energy is at it's max. I'm worried that eventually I'm going to lose my job, for I've already called in sick too many times. I've got a family to help support and I feel as if I can't even do that. I also feel as if I'm leting my 16 mth old son down, for it seems my energy is spent everywhere else but on him, where it should be. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired. PLEASE, is there anyone who can help me?

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Dear Daisy...my best advice is to find a local NAET/Bioset practicioner. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome which really sucks on many levels. I was very ill and desperate. I took the advice of a very gracious girl here in this forum and attended the therapy. It is miraculous and works regardless of what your "diagnosis" is.These docs are world wide because this works....It is what I believe to be the wave of the future as far as how patients are treated...it is non-invasive, painless and unbelievable!!Hope you take the advice and get your life back to normal. mommy cat
    mommy cat 1,654 Replies Flag this Response
  • To Daisy 704,I have the same condition. My head feels like its under pressure waves along with my bowels. I have diarea but feel constipated. So far the dr cannot find the cause. Have you found out what it might be?SincerelyNizer
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 4, 2009
    • 07:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you read about Epstein-Barr Virus?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 21, 2010
    • 02:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • About the end of March I went to the doctor with the symptoms of light headedness, exhaustion, nauseousness and diarrhea. After making sure I wasn't pregnant, the doctor sent me for stool samples and blood tests. My something or other functions were slightly off, but he said that didn't concern him. He said my cholesterol was fairly high and I need to change my lifestyle habits because he felt I was to young to begin taking the pills to help reduce the cholesterol. Heart disease runs high in my family and so this was enough to put a scary thought into my head and I took him seriously. I admit I'm not the healthiest eater and not fit, but I was willing to do what I had to do to feel better. So right away I began reading labels and buying healthier food choices (I gave up my favourite dessert - ice cream) and going for walks when I could. Into the beginning of May I wasn't feeling any different (though I lost 15 pounds) I went back to the doctors and once again complained. He then thought that I needed to try a weak dose of wellbutrin for depression - to give me more energy he said. I thought "he's the doctor, he knows what hes talking about". So I tried it for a month and went back in for a check up. I felt no different - he doubled the dosage. A week and a half later I was back in his office because I felt as if I was drunk all the time, tripping and nearly falling over everything, couldn't walk straight, go to lean over and felt as if the room was moving. My doctor then switched me back to the lower dosage that I began with. This prescription was messed up (the doctor filled it out incorrectly), it took a week and a half to sort out, so I went without medication for this time. Then my headaches (which I usually only get one or two bad ones a month) began to come at least once a week. I begun to feel more tired, so I quit taking the wellbutrin without my doctors advice. By this time it was just a few weeks ago, and now I am so exhausted that the thought of spending the day with my son and husband doesn't even make me want to get out of bed. I sleep on average 7 to 9 hours most nights. I'm still constantly nauseous, and I do get hungry but the thought of food is unappealing. I usually end up eating, for if I don't I get gut wrenching pain and feel weak. My headaches have increased to 3 or 4 times a week. I usually have about 2 or 3 bouts of watery diarrhea a day, and sometimes there is mucus with it. I've had this diarrhea issue for a year and a half, but just got worse since christmas 2006 (I had my gall bladder out Sept 2006). I get lightheaded once in a while, but not as often as I did. I am only a 24 year old female. My health is beginning to affect my work - I am a day care teacher, and my energy is at it's max. I'm worried that eventually I'm going to lose my job, for I've already called in sick too many times. I've got a family to help support and I feel as if I can't even do that. I also feel as if I'm leting my 16 mth old son down, for it seems my energy is spent everywhere else but on him, where it should be. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired. PLEASE, is there anyone who can help me?I have only my 17 years of experience and every kind of doctor and naturopathic practitioner to draw from. It sounds to me like you have food allergies. The headaches indicate a possible sensitivity to sugar or caffeine, depending where they are if you already drink 8 glasses of water per day. The mucus in the stool points straight to wheat intolerance. I would definitely get tested for a gluten allergy. Most of the time, though, even if it comes up negative, People have sensitivities and can benefit greatly from cutting down or cutting out gluten, i.e. wheat products. I would not eat dairy unless it is lactaid milk and cultured dairy products, such as yogurt, sour cream and buttermilk. Lots of fiber, water and low sugar in your diet will help regulate your colon. You may want to get tested for hypoglycemia or diabetes. Also, the energy issues could be a combination of factors. Make sure you are going bed and rising at the same time every day and getting adequate rest and eating regularly. Exercise is nature's Wellbutrin. Studies show that you only need to walk for 30 minutes three times per week to see results! Hope this helps. And yes, outside some underlying condition, it could really be that simple. One adjustment to your lifestyle is almost never the cure. It takes a combination of changes. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 17, 2010
    • 01:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You have several issues, and truly need to find a doctor you can trust, to sort everything out. I's suggest you keep trying until you do. That's the ONLY real answer.That said, one possibility (of many) for one part of your problem is this:You said you had your gall bladder out. You said that a while later you gave up your favorite dessert, ice cream.Giving up ice cream sounds like it was a good idea. The fact that ice cream is (or was) your favorite food makes me wonder if you might have other food favorites that are high in fat.The reason both these things matter is that if a person who no longer has a gall bladder eats a high fat meal, they can feel awful. You might be surprised what foods have high fats, example: one brand of yogurt has a ton of fat. If you don't have a gall bladder and you try and run more than a bit of fat through your intestines at once, your body can't properly break down the fat. When fat that hasn't been properly processed by the body hits the later intestine, you will feel sick to your stomach, you will have abdominal cramps, you will feel like you have taken in something toxic, and you will feel light headed.I'm leaving out a lot of detail here, but that's the bottom line: if you don't have a gall bladder you have to be VERY careful, especially at first, that you don't eat a meal that has more than a bit of fat.Maybe removing all but the necessary smidge of fat from your diet might be part of your cure.I said I was leaving out a lot of detail. If you want to find out the parts there isn't room to include, I'd suggest you hit the internet and look up the following topics:How does your gall bladder work?How long does it take for people who have had their gall bladder out to have the bile duct dilate enough that they can eat more than a smidge of fat without feeling sick?How is fat broken down in the body?How can I tell what is in the food I eat?What are food allergies and how can I get tested?What is Chron's disease?What is celiac disease? (etc)I hope you've found an answer since you posted so long ago- I'm answering now because others with the same problem might read this too.What foods have "hidden" fat?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi I completely understand what you been trough. I started to feel most of your sypmtoms about a year ago. tired going to my doctor and no answers.. I decide to travel to Tijuana Mexico a friend refereed me a good Dictor there. so I end up being diagnosed with bradycardia so that justify all my symptoms.. I don't mean you might have the same thing! I recomend you to go for a second opinion. my heart rate was so slow, and that is why I feel so fatigue. thanks God I finally got an answer .
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 21, 2014
    • 04:46 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement