Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Growth on Leg

Posted In: Skin conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Blue Ten
  • August 2, 2007
  • 08:07 AM

About a month ago, I noticed this small, round, slightly red lump on my leg. It was easy to miss, so I have no idea how long it had been there before I noticed it. It's located on the inner side of my right knee.

Here are some pictures I took of it (sorry for the low quality of the shots):

http://xs318.xs.to/xs318/07314/pictures2.jpg

The growth doesn't hurt or itch, it just feels like a lump on the skin. But it is red around its perimeter and seems to have a lighter colored center... It's hard to tell, but it may have also grown a little since I first saw it.

Anyway, it's had me confused for quite some time... I need a little advice on what I should do about it.

:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Where did my last post go?:confused: I said the pix did not load for me and asked if you went fishing or had other water exposure.If so it could be Mycobacterium marinum which grows very slowly.Also the USA is reporting that Vibrio vulniferus is becoming more and more common. It is also spread by water.A last possiblity is if you have been sratched by vegetation at that site you may have a Sporothrix infection. It is also known as Rose growers disease and this can spread using your lymph nodes and produces things that are ulcers rather than lumps.Good luck
    chrismia 159 Replies
    • September 20, 2007
    • 03:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Here are some better captures of it, in case that helps. Hopefully, these will stay up on the site long enough:http://xs319.xs.to/xs319/07392/spot_on_leg.jpgFor reference, it's about half the diameter of a pencil eraser.Well, before I noticed it, I had actually been to a lake a couple times -- went in the water. If that's the case, should I see a doctor about it, or is there something I can do?Thanks for responding.
    Blue Ten 5 Replies
    • September 25, 2007
    • 08:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The photos worked.However I would advise going to see a doctor. Mention your exposure to water. If it is mycobacterium, you will need a longish course of antibiotics.It is not Sporothrix or Vibrio.best wishes:cool:
    chrismia 159 Replies
    • September 26, 2007
    • 05:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks so much! I was afraid this topic had gotten lost since I posted it.
    Blue Ten 5 Replies
    • September 28, 2007
    • 06:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It looks like a blood sucker attached to the inside of your skin...or it's been there awhile and skin has grown over it if possible...I'd have it removed and biopsied...could just be a wart.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 30, 2007
    • 07:54 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement