Discussions By Condition: Neck conditions

pain in neck,arm,back w/ sensitive spots

Posted In: Neck conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: iholodicted
  • July 30, 2007
  • 09:40 PM

I had pain in neck, back and head, was diagnosed w/ cervical bone spurs, had surgery, pain is much worse, sharp pain in right side and back of neck and right shoulder burning pain down arm. sensitive spots, one top of my head feels swollen, lump in right back of throat. pain is progressing, right shoulder, knees, right wrist have squishing sounds and snapping, cracking, popping pain goes down right side of back and right leg, have burning tingling sensations. I hear squishing sounds in back of head down neck, Also have lost bowel function 4/5 times past 12 months, have very painfull bowel movements. I try not to go. pain in neck and all over seems to peak right before monthly period.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I had pain in neck, back and head, was diagnosed w/ cervical bone spurs, had surgery, pain is much worse, sharp pain in right side and back of neck and right shoulder burning pain down arm. sensitive spots, one top of my head feels swollen, lump in right back of throat. pain is progressing, right shoulder, knees, right wrist have squishing sounds and snapping, cracking, popping pain goes down right side of back and right leg, have burning tingling sensations. I hear squishing sounds in back of head down neck, Also have lost bowel function 4/5 times past 12 months, have very painfull bowel movements. I try not to go. pain in neck and all over seems to peak right before monthly period. Someone please reply, recently been to pain management, doctor said pain was arthritis. Can arthritis hurt That bad, give you a headache, and radiate down arm and leg? Been taking muscle relaxants, hydrocodone, and aleve as prescribed, helps a lot sometimes but have considerable pain still at times.
    iholodicted 2 Replies
    • September 3, 2007
    • 06:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • How old are you? Maybe is pre-menopausal symptoms or a thyroid problem. Have you seen a doctor who practices traditonal and complementary medicine? A regular blood work-up won't necessariyl detect the hormonal fluctuations and imbalances that may be wreaking havoc on your endocrine system.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 19, 2007
    • 11:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 43. I have a primary care physician. Im not sure what you mean by traditional or complimentary doctor. I had blood work done about six years ago, I was having an allergic reaction to something, I believe they checked the thyroid glands. Everything came back normal. I took a strong antibiotic (1 1/2 750 mg.) and the intestinal problem got a lot better, but not completely normal. I don't eat unless I'm close to a bath room within 10 min. notice. I don't know what to ask my regular doctor to check for. Thanks for replying. Please reply again.
    iholodicted 2 Replies
    • September 21, 2007
    • 01:22 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement