Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Rectal Bleeding ONLY while menstruating

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 25, 2007
  • 02:55 PM

I am 17 years old and have only had my period for about two and a half years. I 'm sure that this is an abnormality and, through my internet search. have not found anything even remotely similar to this extremely embarrassing situation. When I have my period, I bleed from my rectum as well. As the title of the thread states, the rectal bleeding only happens while I have my period. Not to be too graphic, but the amount of blood does correlate to the actual menstrual flow. I am aware that I should go to the doctor with this problem, but how do I even bring up this topic with my mother (who I would need to take me to the doctor)? I am going on vacation with my family next week, and although my period is not regular, I am afraid that I will get my period, and be unable to go swimming for the full week (as tampons won't really help in this situation). Has anyone ever heard of this before? Please help if you can.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement