Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Chronic nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: little_one186
  • July 23, 2007
  • 02:52 PM

Hello,

For the past year I have been suffering from chronic nausua (I am nauseas about 80% of my day), I vomit at least once a day, and have severe sharp chest pain, that ranges from the top of my esophagus down to my stomach (but mostly down my stomach).

The first major episode I had sent me to the hospital where they were able to give me some pain medication, perform an abdominal ultrasound, and CT scan. They were not able to find anything wrong with me.

I was then refered to a gasteroenterologist, who performed an endocopy (the results came back normal). He then sent me for a manometry and told me that it seems that I have Nutcracker Esophagus, and there isn't anything he can do to help me.

After about another month of vomiting and being in pain I went back to my GP who tried me on various drugs to help aleviate my symptoms. I have tried Nitroglycerine, Losec, High Blood Pressure Medication, Metacholopramide; all with no effect.

My GP at this point refered me to a Thorasic Surgeon to see if I was a good candidate for a myotomy. Upon arriving at her office she told me that a correct diagnosis of Nutcracker Esphagus couldn't be made without running addition testing. She has now sent me to a Barrium Swollowing Test, a Gastric Emptying Test, a 24H Ph study, and another manometry.

According to all of these tests there isn't anything wrong with me. I am reaching my witts end. There has to be something wrong, or I wouldn't feel this bad.

I am at a point now where I can't eat solid food without vomiting, I am in constant pain, and nausious.

If anyone has any idea's on what I can do, or where I can look for help, please let me know.

Thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement