Discussions By Condition: Uterus conditions

ive been bleeding for more than a month, please help me

Posted In: Uterus conditions 35 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 22, 2007
  • 01:54 AM

im 21 y.o, this is my fourth week and the bleeding wouldnt stop, i didnt have sex or masturbate or any of that, my period was regular in the past yet late sometimes, but it was all good untill last year, i had had bleeding for 3 weeks last September 2006, and went on check ups and scans, Dr. said its only a Hormon thing, then gave me some medicines, i finished taking them and everything was back in order again untill last May i had period for 3 weeks again, then it stopped at the end of that month, i thaught it was ok, but a week later after it stopped at the beginning of June i had it again and its still going on untill now, what to do? what might it be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

35 Replies:

• You sound like you're having the same problem my 14 year old is having. Her first period last year lasted almost 2 months, a good part of it was very heavy bleeding with clots. The doc put her on birth control pills to stop the bleeding. This worked and she remained on the pill for several months. At the doc's suggestion we stopped the meds to see if she would have a normal period, but she went without any bleeding for several months. Then another period that lasted for over 2 weeks before she went back on the pills. Again, very heavy bleeding.I am taking her to another doctor to see if we can find a cause for this. I hate it when docs just want to treat the symptom instead of finding out why things are happening. This new doc plans to do an ultrasound examination since she thinks a regular examination would be too invasive for someone so young.Have you resolved your problem or found out what was causing it? I will let you know when we find out more about my D. Good luck and HUGS because I know how hard this is for you. My D has cried so many tears over this. Sorry I don't have any answers for you.Karin
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2007
    • 08:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It's very possible this could be thyroid related. It can cause irregular periods and menorrhagia or excessive bleeding. In fact, it is one of the initial signs of hypothyroidism.I've been bleeding for about the same time and being treated with Aygestin. For the most part things have stopped but I know it will start again because my thyroid was under treated for so long.Any TSH over 3.0 is suspect for hypothyroidism.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2007
    • 09:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Up to 1 out of 5 women presenting with long and/or heavy periods have an underlying bleeding disorder (they could have hemophilia, or carry hemophilia, or von Willebrands disorder). I personally am a carrier and I have extremely long/heavy periods. If your father has hemophilia, or if the women in your family tend to have heavy periods, you should ask your doctor to test you for bleeding disorders.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2007
    • 11:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, i'm 17 and I've been on my period for almost two months now. I would stop bleeding for like a day then it'd come back. I'm bleeding lots of blood clots. I've told my mom about it but she thinks it's normal, but I don't know. She offered to take me to the doctor, but I'm so scared to go. I don't want them doing an exam on me where they have to poke things i don't want to be poked. I'm really scared somethings wrong pluse i'm getting blood everywhere. I have to wear pads instead of tampons because the bleeding is so heavy. Any advice? Please...?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2007
    • 07:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Heavy and prolonged bleeding can be a sign of fibroids in the uterus or an ovarian cyst. My friend had a cyst, which gave her lots of headaches and migraines too. I had fibroids and endometriosis, which gave me excessively long periods, with lots of pain.
    mumzie 32 Replies
    • December 15, 2007
    • 06:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 23 and I've been bleeding for about 2 months now. I changed to a different brand of birth control pill because I was having water retention issues with my previous brand. Usually when the doctor switches brands, they make sure that the hormone levels are the same, to prevent your body from experiencing a hormonal imbalance. I guess my ob/gyn did not review this issue, I was prescribed one that had estrogen/progesterone levels that deviated too much from the last brand. I hit my period this past Thanksgiving, and it has yet to stop. I've seen two doctors. Both believe it is a hormonal imbalance. One gave me Provera for 10 days to balance the hormones. It did not stop. I changed birth control pills to regulate the balance. It has not stopped. I called my doctor a few days ago to let her know how I am doing, she insists that I stay with the pill I'm on as to not upset the balance once more. I've had complete blood panels and urine tests done to make sure there is nothing else wrong with me.....sooo...if everything else is fine, you're probrally stuck in the same boat as me =)Hope this helps!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2008
    • 03:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, i'm 17 and I've been on my period for almost two months now. I would stop bleeding for like a day then it'd come back. I'm bleeding lots of blood clots. I've told my mom about it but she thinks it's normal, but I don't know. She offered to take me to the doctor, but I'm so scared to go. I don't want them doing an exam on me where they have to poke things i don't want to be poked. I'm really scared somethings wrong pluse i'm getting blood everywhere. I have to wear pads instead of tampons because the bleeding is so heavy. Any advice? Please...? every women should have a pap smear every 2 years after the age of 18 or after becoming sexually active you will have to get used to someone checking you out in that area. I know it can be a little uncomfortable but use a female doctor if it really is that bad for you. You will get used to it and it will no longer bother you. plus i think with heavy bleeding they would be more inclined to do an ultrasond first seens the blood is coming from your uterus and that should be the first thing check. Dont stress go to you doc as you need to.
    s240185 9 Replies
    • February 3, 2008
    • 01:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'ts really not that bad to go to a doctor for an exam. I got my first one last year and i'm 20. It's not as bad as you think. Are you on birth control? I accidently forgot two pills in a row once, and I had a period for 3 weeks. These things usually are normal, but not if the clots are very big. I know you're probably scared, I was too. Try calling planned parenthood and asking the receptionist for advice, that's what I did?
    vfemmes 9 Replies
    • February 7, 2008
    • 05:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 这是新加的空白文章1,可以在UBB可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。
    weiwei 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am suffering from the same symptons, I was diagnosed with menoragia. I was given hormone pills such as prometrium to stop the bleeding. After much research and constantly examining myself. I know now that my hormone levels are fine. The problems are the fibroids and cysts that have taken over my uterus which causes the long periods and sometimes heavy bleeding. Rumor has it that many women young and old are suffering from the same symptons (Im 29). No Doctors as of yet has been able to explain to me why fibroids develop and how to prevent. However I am going to the GYN today and request for the new procedure called Endometrial Ablation which is a 20min procedure that reduces uterin lining.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm 16 and I 've been on my period for 2 months heavy and none heavy with clotting.Sometimes stopping for almost a dy then when I get frustrated or upset it starts again.I was on birthcontrol in January and most of feb.I quit taking it to see if it was my birthcontrol .My period has still continued.I just had a physical exam and a pap smear and they said i was normal and everything.I haven't had period like this in a year.I talked to my mom and she said it might just be my body getting use to the birthcontrol .The doc said it takes some girls my age almost 3 months for the meds to straighten the cycle.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I hope you don't bleed to death before you make it to a doctor.Have you went to the doctor's yet to see if they can help you, you may have some tampon shock syndome or something
  • every women should have a pap smear every 2 years after the age of 18 or after becoming sexually active you will have to get used to someone checking you out in that area. I know it can be a little uncomfortable but use a female doctor if it really is that bad for you. You will get used to it and it will no longer bother you. plus i think with heavy bleeding they would be more inclined to do an ultrasond first seens the blood is coming from your uterus and that should be the first thing check. Dont stress go to you doc as you need to.Some ultrasounds are invasive though. The last time I had an ovarian cyst thy used a wand to look at it through my vaginal region. You have to ask for a non-invasive type if you are wary of things like that.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2009
    • 03:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You sound like you're having the same problem my 14 year old is having. Her first period last year lasted almost 2 months, a good part of it was very heavy bleeding with clots. The doc put her on birth control pills to stop the bleeding. This worked and she remained on the pill for several months. At the doc's suggestion we stopped the meds to see if she would have a normal period, but she went without any bleeding for several months. Then another period that lasted for over 2 weeks before she went back on the pills. Again, very heavy bleeding.I am taking her to another doctor to see if we can find a cause for this. I hate it when docs just want to treat the symptom instead of finding out why things are happening. This new doc plans to do an ultrasound examination since she thinks a regular examination would be too invasive for someone so young.Have you resolved your problem or found out what was causing it? I will let you know when we find out more about my D. Good luck and HUGS because I know how hard this is for you. My D has cried so many tears over this. Sorry I don't have any answers for you.Karin my name is jasmine..im 14 and i have the same problem as your daughter...but maybe worse..im afraid and embarrased to tell my mom..and i hate going to my doctor...what do i do im really scared! please help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2009
    • 07:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hey, im 17 and I have been bleeding now non stop for over a month and it started off really light but as started to get heavey this last week or so, for the last year or so i have been on the mini pill and have recently had the implant put in my arm, i have not had periods for over a year now until now. i have an appointment to see the doctor today but i know there just gunna say theres nothing wrong or just the side effects of the inplant, the bleeding is really annoying me now and im always getting bad belly ache at the bottom of my stumach all the time where its stabbing pains. plese help!! x
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2009
    • 01:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • im 21 y.o, this is my fourth week and the bleeding wouldnt stop, i didnt have sex or masturbate or any of that, my period was regular in the past yet late sometimes, but it was all good untill last year, i had had bleeding for 3 weeks last September 2006, and went on check ups and scans, Dr. said its only a Hormon thing, then gave me some medicines, i finished taking them and everything was back in order again untill last May i had period for 3 weeks again, then it stopped at the end of that month, i thaught it was ok, but a week later after it stopped at the beginning of June i had it again and its still going on untill now, what to do? what might it be?Bleeding for this long is NOT normal and can be very serious. You MUST see a doctor, and if that doctor doesn't take it seriously, keep going on to another one until you find a doctor who will treat you, and your problem, seriously. Be sure to count the number of pads or tampons that you are using on an average day; that helps them diagnose the problem. Also, be sure to tell the doc all of your symptoms including headaches, stomachaches, backaches, and any pain anywhere (rank the pain on a scale of 0=none to 10=unbearable.) If you have kept a record of how long you've been bleeding, when it has stopped, what medications you've taken, etc., bring that along also—it really helps the doctor. Insist that you also be checked for anemia, bleeding this severely for this long could leave you really ill and lead to other problems. Sure it might be hormonal, but that doesn't mean it's not serious. It could also be endometriosis, a fibroid tumor, cysts, or even ovarian cancer. Unfortunately, if you don't have good health insurance and are getting all your health care through an emergency room, it's going to be hard to get a good diagnosis. Somehow you have to find one doctor you like and trust and can see repeatedly over the course of many months. This probably cannot be properly diagnosed in just one visit. Obviously you know how to use a computer, so use it to educate yourself about what's going on with your body. (A surprisingly good resource is your local library, not only do they have free computers, most librarians are very smart and very discreet. Just tell him or her you need to ask some questions in private and most of them will be able to get you to the best websites.) Good Luck and prayers for you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 9, 2009
    • 04:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • my name is jasmine..im 14 and i have the same problem as your daughter...but maybe worse..im afraid and embarrased to tell my mom..and i hate going to my doctor...what do i do im really scared! please helpHi Jasmine,I really hope things have cleared up for you. My daughter is just tunred 14, and she has been bleeding for over a month now. She has had several trips to the doctor, 2 trips to the ER, and 1 admission to the hospital for 6 days. She has gotten 3 blood transfusions for a total of 6 units of blood, and she is still bleeding. Please please please! If you are still bleeding, talk to your mom. If you cannot talk to her, please talk to someone you trust. This could be very dangerous. I almost lost my daughter all because of a "hormonal imbalance" that no one can seem to fix. Your mom needs to know. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2009
    • 05:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi im alex and im 18 iv been bleeding for the past month ,but my period started during sex as you can think that was just annoying cause we hadnt seen each other in along time , but iv recently changed from my injection back to the pill and this started 4 days before my injection ran out , im still bleeding and iv become very dry and chaped down there cause of the bleeding , my bleeding is very light and i rarely clot , im hopefully going to the doc next week but i havnt told my mother yet cause we dont really see eye to eye , me and my boyfriend are very concered about this as iv only recently come out of hospital bacause of my appendix and this was playing on both of are minds alot, has anyone got any advice to help with this so i can stop him worring so much and just let me deal with it .please helpcheers alex
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2009
    • 04:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been bleeding for over a month now. It started of very light spots and it has progressed to heavy, large dark clots! I go through about 5 over night pads when it's finally stopped. I have had about 3 DNC's, 5 year old, a c-section and other test and every thing comes back good. I do want to have at least one more child befor the age 30... can some please help me?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2009
    • 03:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had a baby 6 months ago and only had one period within the first 5 months of it. I was scared to think I might be pregnant again because my husband's vasectomy hadn't been verified. I started the day before Thanksgiving and have yet to stop. The doctor put me on Prometrium to stop my period and thicken the uterine walls to make me bleed worse but have a complete period and put me on birth control. Well, needless to say I'm still bleeding and have had maybe 3 days of light to no period in that entire time. I'm worried I may have had a miscarriage or something but the nurse and doctor seemed to think it wasn't a big deal. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of bleeding and if the birth control isn't really doing anything to help stop it, I don't really want to have to be on that either. I'm at a loss for what to do. Any advice?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2010
    • 01:30 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement