Discussions By Condition: Uterus conditions

Anyone else have an enlarged uterus?

Posted In: Uterus conditions 15 Replies
  • Posted By: BrideToBe78
  • July 21, 2007
  • 10:02 PM

I posted a message in a different thread but thought I would post this as the thread title to hopefully recieve more responses. I started having pain in my lower right abdomen below my c-section scar on July 6th. I went to doctor after waking up in excruciating pain that lasted about 5 minutes one night. The pain was like someone was stabbing me. Scale of 1-10; it was a definite 10. Also have lower back pain. I've lower back pain for quite some time now. Periods have been irregular over the years. Sometimes they are normal and sometimes I bleed inbetween them. Normally the bleeding in between them is brown colored. Also, I have had times in my life where I bled for four months straight and once when I took the Depo shot; I bled the whole time I was on it and then for about 6 months after I got off it. Anyways, my doctor did a u/a and it was normal. Sent me for an ultrasound of my gall bladder and abdomen and came back as enlarged uterus and enlarged liver. I am wondering if the two could be related or if I have two separate issues going on. I have my tubes tied so pretty sure I'm not pregnant and wouldn't they have seen an ectopic pregnancy when they did the ultrasound? A few days ago, I started spotting, well I guess that's what you'd call it; it is only there when I wipe. It's very light pink. Then, last night, my fiance and I had intercourse and then afterwards I had some maroon colored blood when I wiped. It seems to only be there when I wipe. My period should have started the 12th of July. I have no idea if this spotting is my period or what is going on with me. My doctor is sending me to a gyno to figure out my uterus issue and he did some bloodwork on my liver. I will get the bloodwork results back this Wednesday. If anyone has ever had this or has any helpful information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. God Bless! :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

15 Replies:

• I had an enlarged uterus and extreme pain. I had an infection from a tampon that caused scar tissue to adhere to my intestines. I was in horrific pain, was in and out of hospitals and could not eat from the pain for a 9 month period. A doctor finally referred me to a pain management doctor that enabled me to eat finally though very little and he kept chipping away to find a diagnosis with test after test after test --- gastro --- then a gyno surgeon. The gyno said that of my many choices, I could get a labaroscopy and that finally found everything which was then carterized and sewn up. It sounds like you could have scar tissue adhering to something or another woman I spoke to had veins wrapped around her falopean tubes that caused a pain in that area. The only way to diagnose these problems is through the laboroscopy. There are risks to surgery but I found it to be a simple surgery for me and I am now out of pain for the first time in 9 months. You are welcome to read my story. It sounds like you need help quickly --- like I did --- so be as aggressive as you can in demanding answers and in getting the tests and everything else that you need right now. Stay positive and act quickly. I hope I was able to do something for you. Thanks, Hopey :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2007
    • 06:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you very much for your advice on my enlarged uterus. I still have yet to find anything out but I have a pap on Monday so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated and thank you for sharing your story with me. Thanks~Marisa :)
    BrideToBe78 7 Replies
    • August 24, 2007
    • 02:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you very much for your advice on my enlarged uterus. I still have yet to find anything out but I have a pap on Monday so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated and thank you for sharing your story with me. Thanks~Marisa :)Hello I am 29 years old and I had a c-section 10 years ago and I have had the same signs and symptoms as you. I finally found a GYN that found out what was going on with me, she went in last week and done a LAP and found out that when my c-section was done the Doc sewed my uterus to my abdominal muscle and it has been growing like this for 10 years now. She went in and removed the tissue that was attaching my uterus to my abdominal lining. She then went on to say that I was just a complete mess in there and that this should help. Hope this helps you and good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 27, 2007
    • 02:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i went to my doc with pain for two yrs and they did a pap and nothing came back wrong so last friday i got a utrasound done they came to day back that i had a enlarged uterus and i have a ppt to talk with my doctor about it on 21 of this month but my thing is am thinking he is going to put me on more meds and say ok but am going to tell him i would like something done cause am not going to live with main for the rest of my life i fell like some one is stabin me over and over again but the pain is not all the time its like once are twice a week if am lucky does anybody know what causes it the enlarged uterus please let me know
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 03:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Yeh, I'll bet you have fibroids and need some surgery. Don't worry until your counciltation. You'll just get worked up about it. These gyne's end up spooking their patients out making them think they are dying. And you'll be relieved when you find out some answers. Good luck keep posting the results.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2007
    • 04:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It took almost 13 months for my doctors to find out what was wrong with me.I was experiencing horrible lower abdomin pain.During this time I had my gallbladder , apendix removed .I also had abdominal ablacia and a d&c . This helped for about 2 months then the pain got worse. I seemed to have a femoral and Ingunal hernias. This was fixed but still pain. I then begged my doc for a hysterectomy . This finally took the pain away. recooperating mentally and physcially now. I had a condition known as adenomyosis in my uterus. The bottom line is you must be your on advocate ,it seemed I was the only one that believed I was in pain .Finally the right doctor took me seriously . I hope all my experiences with the medical community are over .Don't care to ever go back to the hospital.note before these episodes I was a verrry healthy active woman.Never was sick . If you don't know anything about medial emergencys my words of wisdom are get a secound opinion always.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • do you mean bulky uterine? If you do yes I do. It showed up on a CTIPV scan this year. I have caner of the uterine and will be going in for an urgent suergery on Monday at 7am. i will have my cancer staged soon. I get cramps in my abdomen like a period pain but without a period, I had a mucaus discharge today, my bowel motians have changed and I get a lot of itchiness inside of me. and no I have infections. I have been checked for that. In 2006 I had abnormal bleeding where it would not stop until I took medication to stop it and I was soaking a pad every 10 minutes and it was drenched by the time I went to change it again. so I hope you are all ok, and that you do not have to go through with what I am. God bless, Leanne:)
    saved1 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have also been diagnosed with an enlarged dislodged uterus. Last year I had an ablation because I bled nonstop. I was good for about 4 months and then I got a period along with pain. I have been having pain on and off since 9/07 and it is suggested by two dr.'s to have a hysterectomy. I have two kids and am having no more. I am 37 and would like to hold on to my uterus for hormonal balance as long as I can, but just found out through blood work that I am in the early stages of meno. So, that is my story. Anyone out there with similar issues and solutions please let me know. A fix without surgery would be great.Thanks.
  • I posted a message in a different thread but thought I would post this as the thread title to hopefully recieve more responses. I started having pain in my lower right abdomen below my c-section scar on July 6th. I went to doctor after waking up in excruciating pain that lasted about 5 minutes one night. The pain was like someone was stabbing me. Scale of 1-10; it was a definite 10. Also have lower back pain. I've lower back pain for quite some time now. Periods have been irregular over the years. Sometimes they are normal and sometimes I bleed inbetween them. Normally the bleeding in between them is brown colored. Also, I have had times in my life where I bled for four months straight and once when I took the Depo shot; I bled the whole time I was on it and then for about 6 months after I got off it. Anyways, my doctor did a u/a and it was normal. Sent me for an ultrasound of my gall bladder and abdomen and came back as enlarged uterus and enlarged liver. I am wondering if the two could be related or if I have two separate issues going on. I have my tubes tied so pretty sure I'm not pregnant and wouldn't they have seen an ectopic pregnancy when they did the ultrasound? A few days ago, I started spotting, well I guess that's what you'd call it; it is only there when I wipe. It's very light pink. Then, last night, my fiance and I had intercourse and then afterwards I had some maroon colored blood when I wiped. It seems to only be there when I wipe. My period should have started the 12th of July. I have no idea if this spotting is my period or what is going on with me. My doctor is sending me to a gyno to figure out my uterus issue and he did some bloodwork on my liver. I will get the bloodwork results back this Wednesday. If anyone has ever had this or has any helpful information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. God Bless! :)hi my name is joy i have a uterus enlarged and they dont know what its fromyes im irreguarl with my periods.i have always been like that i dont know when i will have my periodwell i have hard harble pain when i have it and a blood it s just blood cotsand a lot of pain i mean pain,where i end up in er for pain medsi cry a lot too;i have a lot of back pain and plus my spine is crooked i go to the chiropractor like 2 days a week or so;i have been together with my fiance going on 9 months yes im a virgin but he is noti have not had sex with him yetim making him wait.i am worried about having sex can i get pregant easy?will i become pregant? with a uterus enlarged?why is my uterus enlarged? no dr can figure it out .i wish they could
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 20, 2009
    • 06:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well I also have an enlarged uterus...I would bleed for a lot of months straight also...I went to OSU doctors and Grant no boby could tell me why I was bleeding...They gave me a Pap, an eltra sound, etc...Later I changed doctors, on my first visit he told me what my problem was...I have an enlarged uterus that sits lower than most woman there for when I have intercourse with my husband I would bleed....All that time I thought I was having a period...But I weren't, My husband was hitting it...Maybe that could be ur problem...Perhaps u could see If u bleed more during intercourse...Sometimes I wouldn't be bleeding at all then during intercourse I noticed a lot of blood...infact, I had to stop it would get so bad...Then it would last for weeks..That's why I thought it was a period. But it was my uterus trying to close back up each time...However, I still have to go back to the doctor to see what he can do to fix the problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2010
    • 00:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well I also have an enlarged uterus...I would bleed for a lot of months straight also...I went to OSU doctors and Grant no boby could tell me why I was bleeding...They gave me a Pap, an eltra sound, etc...Later I changed doctors, on my first visit he told me what my problem was...I have an enlarged uterus that sits lower than most woman there for when I have intercourse with my husband I would bleed....All that time I thought I was having a period...But I weren't, My husband was hitting it...Maybe that could be ur problem...Perhaps u could see If u bleed more during intercourse...Sometimes I wouldn't be bleeding at all then during intercourse I noticed a lot of blood...infact, I had to stop it would get so bad...Then it would last for weeks..That's why I thought it was a period. But it was my uterus trying to close back up each time...However, I still have to go back to the doctor to see what he can do to fix the problem.I did not have an enlarged uterus to my knowledge, however, I had irregular heavy periods, horrible pain in my lower abdomen and low back. After many years and doctors, I was finally diagnosed with endometriosis, which seems to be pretty common and can cause all kinds of problems. Since my hysterectomy, no more pain or problems! Worth checking out.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I am 20 and think I may have an enlarged uterus. I fit all the symptoms to a T. My mom recently had a hysterectomy for fibroids and the doctors discovered at that time that she had an enlarged uterus, about 2-3 times the size of a normal uterus. I was on the depo shot for 2 years and regularly spotted the entire time. I was also on the pill for a 1 1/2 years but that never regulated my period either. I am currently not on any birth control and I'm on the 15th day of my period. I'm so fatigued I can barely get out of bed. I am worried about waiting and doing nothing. I am not sure how to present my worries to a doctor and get the right advice.
  • i just been diagnosed with a enlarged uterus and i am having to have a hysterectomy in deci have horrible back pain cramps in my lower abdomomen and legs...frequent urination due to the uterus putting pressure on my bladder..it all started with with having heavy bleeding and irregular periods then i had an operation to remove cyst on my ovariesand i was fine for a month or so then all the pain started to come back again...well thats were im at now
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2010
    • 11:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Before you think about getting married or anything else, perhaps you should stay in school. Your literacy level appears to be about 1st or 2nd grade. Did you mean "horrible" pain when you said "harble"? Please, stay a virgin and don't have kids if they won't be any more intelligent than you are.hi my name is joy i have a uterus enlarged and they dont know what its fromyes im irreguarl with my periods.i have always been like that i dont know when i will have my periodwell i have hard harble pain when i have it and a blood it s just blood cotsand a lot of pain i mean pain,where i end up in er for pain medsi cry a lot too;i have a lot of back pain and plus my spine is crooked i go to the chiropractor like 2 days a week or so;i have been together with my fiance going on 9 months yes im a virgin but he is noti have not had sex with him yetim making him wait.i am worried about having sex can i get pregant easy?will i become pregant? with a uterus enlarged?why is my uterus enlarged? no dr can figure it out .i wish they could
  • hi i have had the same problems since i started my periods at age nine was told for years it was pms had a kid at 17 everything stayed the same but got worse in 2002 i had several cysts in my right ovary 2 softball size and 1 golfball sized. had them removed by lap and was told i had a clear form of enodmytriosis.and that i could not have any more kids then fast forward to today i have total 6 kids 3 natural and 3 csection .lower back pain/ irregular/lots of pAIN FULL pressure in my abdomin/and was finaly told by a new gyno that it has been cause by a enlarged uterus size of 4 month pregnancy. he recomended a hytorectomy and told my to make a choice with in 6 months ,down side is im 31 family history of all types of cancers and i have liverdiease and inflamation of my lower intestines and colon it has taken several yrs to get someone to listen to me worst was i stopped seing a gyno 4 yrs ago affter my daughter was born cause the doc who did my last c section was talking to his wife on his cell during the procedure about what he needed to buy for thanksgiving dinner the next night ,needless to sa not much confidence in docs anymore .glad to her there are some good ones though!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement