Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

white around my lips!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 21, 2007
  • 05:25 PM

The area around my lips is white, in contrast to the rest of my face which is getting tan. Could it be hypopigmentation and how do I fix it?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Wear lipstick if you are a woman...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Not to alarm you and as I certainly don't know your age or health but my friends father in his 60's had a heart attack and almost died, and one of the first signs that they noticed was a white irregularily around his lips. If your in this age bracket or have history of heart problems it might be something to check into. As circulatory issues may be a concern.On a less dire note, perhaps, without meaning to be distasteful when I say this, excessive hair in this area may be covering the skin to the degree that the sun is shaded from the area.Good luck! Certainly not scientific theory's on this but I hope you can resolve your query. Enjoy your day!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • get some treatment by going to the doctors ..my sister had this same problem and they give you cream for it.it does take a long time for it to disappear depending on how bad the condition is.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I got a "skin scan" at my local spa (you stick your head into the front end of a machine and they look through the other end and it gives kind of like an x-ray but just for your skin... so you can see dark patches that will appear as you get older because of sun damage and that kind of stuff). I have the same whiteness around my lips and I have to put beige concealer around my lips because it looks like I have a permanent "milk mustache" (that's what the lady at the spa said)... she told me it was because my skin was dehydrated, and she said it might also be because I lick my lips a lot. If you go to your doctor then I'm sure there are a bunch of creams that you can try (I'm going to do that soon) but definitely make sure you stay hydrated and try not to lick your lips.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2009
    • 05:17 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement