Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Tingling mouth + indigestion-like symptoms

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 21, 2007
  • 05:04 PM

Hi.

I wonder if anyone here has experienced the same symptons I've been getting on and off over the last six months or so? So far, they've lasted for several weeks at a time, then disappear for another few weeks before re-appearing.

It started with an indigestion-like feeling, a bit like mild heartburn and something stuck in my throat, but anti-acid tablets didn't help. The last couple of bouts have been accompanied by a tingling sensation in my tongue and mouth. There's no pain, no difficulty swallowing, it's just uncomfortable. The current bout is the worst of the lot but I don't know if I may be making it worse by worrying about what it could be. I'm a non-smoker so it can't be tobacco-related.

Thanks a lot.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I know someone who's had this tingly (more of a peppery) feeling in mouth and throat for over two years. Been to several doctors and taken several medications to no avail. But no indegestion-like symptoms; just peppery and uncomfortable feeling in mouth and throat. The person has never smoked either so wonder what the problem might be.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2007
    • 05:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had this several times before an ENT diagnosed it correctly...it's a yeast infection. They take a sample of your mouth and tongue, it grows for about a week, and the result will tell them. In the meantime, they could give you the lozenges anyway because there's no harm in using them to clear it up just in case. It takes at least a week.
    curly1b 2 Replies
    • August 30, 2008
    • 08:47 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement