Discussions By Condition: Poisoning

Metal Poisoning from Braces

Posted In: Poisoning 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 18, 2007
  • 08:59 PM

Hello. My brother is 16 years old. Around February, he went completely nuts. His girlfriend had broken up with him two months before. He was until feb. but then started calling her, stalking her, and leaving her threatening messages. You would have to know him to know that this is NOT him. My parents took away his car, phone, and internet access. That mainly worked to keep him away from her. He started losing weight rapidly. As this progressed, he went from being a healthy sized teenager to skelatal within a month and a half. My mother caught him wondering through the house on several occasions dazed and confused not knowing where he was. He started talking about killing himself, and saying really off the wall things. That is kind of odd for a boy that just a month and a half before was wanting to be a youth pastor.
My mother researched metal poisoning because she noticed that this all happened since he had gotten his braces. The doctors said she was crazy for awhile, and then finally did blood and hair tests. Sure enough, his metal levels were ridiculously high. His braces were IMMEDIATELY removed. The orthadontist did it for free, he felt really bad (although it's not like it was his fault). Jim has since returned to normal. He eats again, no more amnesia, rage, depression, he has even gotten most of his friends back.
The only side effects that he still has are occasional half-body numbness.
Anyways... I just wanted to post this in case anyone else ever goes through a similar experience and can't find anything on it.

Do you think that the numbness could be a result of metals still left in his system?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement