Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Armpit pain and numbness in fingers

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 15, 2007
  • 05:23 PM

I'm a 35 year old graphic designer going through quite a bit of pain...hoping someone can help.
I have had some high back pain in the upper right shoulder for quite some time (almost a month now)...I've attributed to stress...I used a little shiatsu massager that helped with it quite a bit, but there is still some pain there now.
But the worst is a very acute pain in my armpit..right around the underside of the rotator cuff. It is the worst when I try to lay down. Sharp pain all through the inside of my arm as if it were hollow. I've had this condition for almost a week now and it seems to be getting worse. Over the last two or three days, I have had a constant numbness feeling in my thumb and first two fingers...I still have all function and range of motion, I believe...but the numbness is getting worse.
It's getting pretty hard to sleep and I thought it would have gone away by now, but it hasn't....hoping someone could help me.

Thank You

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• im no dr. but ill tell u what i know. i have numbness in all my fingers in my right hand. i thought it was carpal tunnel bc of the symptoms of it are numbness in the thumb, pointer, and ring finger. i went to the dr and had nerve tests and he ruled that out. dr thinks the numbness is due to stress and muscle strains in my back and shoulders. (i recently began studying for the bar exam so thats where my stress is coming from.) i had a few massages and the massuse told me that i had knots in my back and shoulders. i cant give u a diagnosis but i hope this information helps. :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • How are your ergonomics when you design. On a table? Wrist flexed? Stop it. Carpal/or ulnar nerve impingement, maybe.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement