Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

cracked mouth corners

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 14, 2007
  • 09:55 AM

What can I use to heal these.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• chapstick or stop taking the nasty antibiotics that are causin it?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • stop talking or eating ......... just kidding. I get those every once anda while, just be dilligent in cleaning them with peroxide, leting it dry, and trying your darnedest not to eat a quadruple burger or anything that makes you open your mouth too wide. If you are gonna use a cream or petroleum based, isuggest only before you go to bed.... so it can do its work while you are asleep and the mouth is not moving... just my .02 !!
  • What can I use to heal these.You need more vitamins and minerals, also you need Omega fatty acids- 3, 6, and 9. Try fish liver oil, flax seed oil, and virgin coconut oil.If you are having eating disorders and you throw up a lot- visit a NAET doctor naet.comFrui.
    Eatafruit78 960 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had the problem. I happened to be at the dentist when I mentioned that could not rid myself of the problem. She prescribed Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. The problem was gone in 3 days.
  • My son gets this. He figured out he was eating too many potato or corn chips. Once he stopped snacking on them, his cracked corners healed. It's very uncomfortable. Hope this helps:)
    suzQ2day 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • This is a common symptom of a Vitamin B deficiency. Try that first. Check for A)night drooling,B) don't keep licking the area again and again because it is sore,C) keep corners hydrated with a lip balm D) consider that you may be allergic to a cosmetic or and ingredient in your lip balm or a cosmetic or soap esp. one that is new to you or has a new ingredientTake a multivitamin supplement with the B's, possibly a stress formula as it has more B's added usually.
  • I have been reading up on this my mouth corners are killing me !! I read its a B defency , and ALSO that it is called ANGULAR CHELITIS OR (PERLECHE) , It can be also caused by thrush, or cause thrush as well, and if you have dentures that dont fit right *(( ME < ME < ME ) I just got my uppers done almost 3 mths ago, they are making me wait the 3rd mth to get a re-line and my dentures are horriably too big :( I think the perioxide may work, I am taking xtra B vitamins, I took b12, & my reg A-Z vitamin today , and I am going to try the perioxide, i will let you guys know if it helps or works ... I see thier is a site where they want you to pay to get her home remedy, well even thow I am desperate, I dont want to give money for her to tell me to use perioxide so I will try that 1st ,... LOL ~~ and I also dont have a credit card right now, .. SO I need to find other cures just from doing research , if anyone finds out the cure please post it !! this is a horriable thing and if thier is a easy' way to treat it , IT Should be FREE to the public.
  • I have had this condition occur twice now, and finally came across the answer to my questions. First was simply finding out that it had a name -- Angular Cheilosis. My first attempts at a web search led me to several pages (redirecting me) to pay $70 for a 3-hour cure. Well, I'm not rich, but more importantly... I'm not stupid. There is no miracle cure.Want to see what you get for your $70???http://www.scribd.com/doc/5567409/Angular-CheilitisHours and hours of research later, I have found what I believe to be the root of my problem. Note: I stated "my" problem, as everyone will be different (ie denture wearers).I am an alcoholic. As such, I can almost guarantee that I am deficient in B1, B2, B6, B12, etc. (and probably many other vitamins as well). It just so happens that one of the causes of this condition is just that... B2 deficiency.So, I am currently using a bit of external medicine combined with fixing the root of the problem -- vitamin deficiency (the alcoholism is a another battle all its own).Using the $70 fix (ie. washing my lips with dish soap and letting them dry). Applying a clotrimazole cream (aka athlete's foot / jock itch ceam) to the lips. Letting it dry.Applying Vaseline to help keep out the moisture from the cracks, and at the same time soothing the constant "drying out" feeling.Internally, I am taking a multi-vitamin, a B-Complex, and a B2 supplement.The multi-vitamin for iron and zinc (plus all the others), the B-Complex for...well...The B2 supplement 100mg (about $5 at your grocery store or GNC) is water-soluble. This means you can not overdose as you will simply pass the portion that is not absorbed through your urine (turning it a bright neon-yellow).Having just started this regiment as of yesterday (I just picked up the 100mg B2 tablets 30 minutes ago), I can say that the "$70 fix" has actually helped tremendously. The redness around and on the lips is all but gone. The cracks (one on each side) look much better and seem to be on the way to healing. As far as the vitamins play into the healing process, I cannot be sure, as I have only been taking them for 2 days. The vitamin replenishment is not part of the "quick fix", but rather to stop this condition from ever occurring again (and to make me generally healthier).I hope this helps someone else, as there is a lot of information (some good, some snake oil) concerning this condition to sift through on the internet.StarSunMoon -- as you already know what is causing your condition, and you are already taking vitamin supplements, maybe try to dish soap, foot cream, and vaseline approach? Hydrogen peroxide would not be my first choice. If you are concerned about infection (which is highly probable) use an anti-bacterial cream. In fact, some of the clotrimazole creams are both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Just an idea, as I am not a doctor, and I didn't sleep at a holiday inn express either... Good Luck and Take Care.
  • What can I use to heal these. This is a very specific symptom of folate and/or b12 deficiency. I sufferred from this all my life. Folic acid didn't fix it for me. It wasn't until I was taking methylb12 and added methylfolate (active form) that they immediately got better never to return. It turns out I can't convert folic acid or cyanob12 (in most b-complexes) to the active forms. As soon as I took the active forms it healed in weeks. I have lots of scars there now but no more cracks. http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?p=182282#post182282 Post on the b12 deficiency forum if you would like to know about what brands work best.
    Freddd 3,576 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had this condition occur twice now, and finally came across the answer to my questions. First was simply finding out that it had a name -- Angular Cheilosis. My first attempts at a web search led me to several pages (redirecting me) to pay $70 for a 3-hour cure. Well, I'm not rich, but more importantly... I'm not stupid. There is no miracle cure.Want to see what you get for your $70???http://www.scribd.com/doc/5567409/Angular-CheilitisHours and hours of research later, I have found what I believe to be the root of my problem. Note: I stated "my" problem, as everyone will be different (ie denture wearers).I am an alcoholic. As such, I can almost guarantee that I am deficient in B1, B2, B6, B12, etc. (and probably many other vitamins as well). It just so happens that one of the causes of this condition is just that... B2 deficiency.So, I am currently using a bit of external medicine combined with fixing the root of the problem -- vitamin deficiency (the alcoholism is a another battle all its own).Using the $70 fix (ie. washing my lips with dish soap and letting them dry). Applying a clotrimazole cream (aka athlete's foot / jock itch ceam) to the lips. Letting it dry.Applying Vaseline to help keep out the moisture from the cracks, and at the same time soothing the constant "drying out" feeling.Internally, I am taking a multi-vitamin, a B-Complex, and a B2 supplement.The multi-vitamin for iron and zinc (plus all the others), the B-Complex for...well...The B2 supplement 100mg (about $5 at your grocery store or GNC) is water-soluble. This means you can not overdose as you will simply pass the portion that is not absorbed through your urine (turning it a bright neon-yellow).Having just started this regiment as of yesterday (I just picked up the 100mg B2 tablets 30 minutes ago), I can say that the "$70 fix" has actually helped tremendously. The redness around and on the lips is all but gone. The cracks (one on each side) look much better and seem to be on the way to healing. As far as the vitamins play into the healing process, I cannot be sure, as I have only been taking them for 2 days. The vitamin replenishment is not part of the "quick fix", but rather to stop this condition from ever occurring again (and to make me generally healthier).I hope this helps someone else, as there is a lot of information (some good, some snake oil) concerning this condition to sift through on the internet.StarSunMoon -- as you already know what is causing your condition, and you are already taking vitamin supplements, maybe try to dish soap, foot cream, and vaseline approach? Hydrogen peroxide would not be my first choice. If you are concerned about infection (which is highly probable) use an anti-bacterial cream. In fact, some of the clotrimazole creams are both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Just an idea, as I am not a doctor, and I didn't sleep at a holiday inn express either... Good Luck and Take Care.http://www.smartrecovery.org/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 10, 2010
    • 07:37 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement