Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

throat pain in right side

• Posted By: poolakb
  • July 12, 2007
  • 01:17 PM

Hello all,

For last 2 months , I am facing a pain in rightside of my throat - it pains in my right ear also as well. I live in Japan and visited all nearby ENT doctors. Scope thru nose some spoonlike instruments, checking thru nose - all say no infection, no tumor, no cancer. But the pain comes and goes.

It has something to do with some kind of food - grapefruit juice starts the pain whereas cold water or cold coffee does not. Solid food may or may not start - kind of unpredictable but sickening. Sometime, even without any food, it has a subdued pain .

I do have a muscle pain in my right shoulder and one doctor pushes my right and left neck and pain is more in the right side. He said it is due to muscle pain - not to worry, has given me some rusty color liquid to gurle with in warm water.

I can imagine the muscle pain being the cause, but what confues me why it happens with some kind of food and not for others. In fact, I have seen 3 ENT all doing the same scoping coming out with nothing - they tell me to ignore this pain:)

I am worried about larynx cancer and I have no clue what to do.

Can somebody give me some direction please?

Thank you.

Poolak

Yokohama / Japan

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement