Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Painfull Vagina Problems for 2 yrs unknown...please help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Tanya7
  • July 10, 2007
  • 10:11 PM

Hello my name is Tanya. Im 21 years old and i have had many problems that have not been diagnosised for 2 years now. I have pain every day in my vagina area and lower stomach. i feel like i have paper cuts inside my vagina, i hold my bladder as long as i can because it burns and stings when i go pee. i can not have intercoures with my partner because it is very painfull during and after the fact. doctors have done urinallsis, and exams and my pap comes back perfect. I have been on the depo provera for over two years now as a birth control. i get so depressed because all i want to do is sleep so i dont experience the pain......At the same time i am also dealing with severe back pain which the doctors are also unknown what is wrong. They did find slight scolosis but thAT CANT BE CAUSING ALL MY PIAN. I am on all kinds of narcotics and it still doenst give me releif. im not sure if this is all related but i nedd help. Im too young to be dealing eith all this....please if you have any ideas let me know....Thankyou Tanya :(

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Try an STD clinic and see if you might have chlamydia. Both you and your boyfriend would need to be treated once you track it down. You might want to try a new doctor if it hurts to pee and they don't tell you you have an infection.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi Tanya, I would seriously consider going off the depo, many people have severe symptoms from that and several that I know have been diagnosed with Lupus only to find out later it was not Lupus, but the Depo that was causing all their symptoms. One of their biggest symptoms was they wanted to sleep constantly, no energy, weight gain and hives. I'm not sure about your vaginal pain, but I believe anything is possible when you take a drug that alters your natural body function. Ask your doctor about switching birth control, try not to alter your body function. If your doctor can't help you, keep going to other doctors, don't give up. I hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Candidiasis? Try elminating as much sugar as you can from your diet.
    aquila 1,263 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know it has been 2 years since you posted this, but has it gotten any better? My girl friend just found out last night that she had a finger tip sized growth obove the vaginal opening, she says its very painful when we have intercourse and now she is having problems being mobile because of the pain, her back is always sore so is her stomach, the other night she was saying she felt like puking. today she went to the doctors to have it checked out, he said that he doesn't know what it is, she said he looked concerningly surprized which scared her. She called me after word crying because she felt scared. So i have been reaserching everything i can since her call, and all im finding is people with the same symptoms but yet no diagnosis and its begining to scare me a little, i am worried about her. and i find it very difficult to understand and accept that the doctors dont know anything about it. please message be back on this it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm worried about my girlfriend and I love her so much.
    Devilyn 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Look up Endometriosis!!!! Doctors don't know a lot about it yet, but it is common.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yeah I've been researching this disease. But she is also pregnant so the back pain and nassjia may be form that, and she says the sore growth is going away quite quickly after she started taking the anti biotics, but she also goes back to the doctor this tuesday so I'm going to have her ask about this endometriosis. At least if it isnt the problem he will be aware of Endometriosis, form what I've read it apears to me to be quite a miserable disease and i want to make it known. Thanks so much for your help.
    Devilyn 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello my name is Tanya. Im 21 years old and i have had many problems that have not been diagnosised for 2 years now. I have pain every day in my vagina area and lower stomach. i feel like i have paper cuts inside my vagina, i hold my bladder as long as i can because it burns and stings when i go pee. i can not have intercoures with my partner because it is very painfull during and after the fact. doctors have done urinallsis, and exams and my pap comes back perfect. I have been on the depo provera for over two years now as a birth control. i get so depressed because all i want to do is sleep so i dont experience the pain......At the same time i am also dealing with severe back pain which the doctors are also unknown what is wrong. They did find slight scolosis but thAT CANT BE CAUSING ALL MY PIAN. I am on all kinds of narcotics and it still doenst give me releif. im not sure if this is all related but i nedd help. Im too young to be dealing eith all this....please if you have any ideas let me know....Thankyou Tanya :(Hi Tanya,I saw your prior post and have been since been puzzling (and brain wracking) over your situation. The following questions may well sound a bit "out there" but, PLEASE...bear with me (AND, please answer with AS MUCH detail as you can):• You said that you "feel like i have paper cuts inside my vagina". Do you in fact have ACTUAL visible "cuts"? If so, can you describe their appearance?• The severe back pain and/or mild scoliosis isn't likely a factor re: your vaginal discomfort. That said...how long have you had the back pain, did it precede your vaginal discomfort, where exactly is the pain, and what specific "narcotics" are you currently taking to deal with it?• Your vaginal discomfort started approx. two years ago. Is that before, at the approx. same time, or after you started having intercourse with your present partner? Have you been consistent condom users and, if yes, what specific types of condoms do you use? Have you had any occasions of dry...or particularly "vigorous" intercourse?• If you're uncomfortable answering this, I understand completely...BUT it could be important: Have you had intercourse with any other partners prior to your current partner? If so, condom use or no? Did you experience any of your current symptoms re: vaginal discomfort then?Best,John<
    JonMac 165 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement