Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

They can't diagnose me! What's wrong?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 7, 2007
  • 09:56 PM

I am a 23 year old female. For as long as I can remember I've had a problem with excessive belching but nothing else. About six months ago I started getting bloated and having a lot of gas I blew it off but it just got worse. Now I have gas and bloating every day no matter what I eat. No one thing seems to trigger it. I'm 5'7 ad 96 lbs. I haven't had a flat stomach in months. I have slight abdominal pain but nothing too painful it's more like little pin *****s in my stomach. I've just started getting mild ingestion, not heartburn. I don't have diarrhea, but I do get constipated a lot. The bloating may go down for a few days but never goes away there's times when I look 6 months pregnant. I've had a ultrasound, endoscopy, food allergy test, and blood tests and they can't find anything. My GI told me I had celiac now he says I don't. The biopsy showed inflammation and gastritis. I've tried 3 different prescriptions none worked. I've tried everything I think they make that's over the counter, still nothing. Now I think he is just writing it off as IBS but I think that's wrong too. I 'm so embarrassed by the constant gas, bloating, and belching that I just want to be alone all the time. I'm so frustrated what does this sound like?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Why do you only weigh 97 #'s? Are you bulimic or anorexic? Do you honestly get 1800 calories a day? If so, I would pursue ideas regarding malabsorbtion issues or some kind of internal parasite.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • The first thing that comes to mind is that you are belching due to gas caused by inadequate nutrition. You are not drinking enough water and other fluids, you are not eating enough and these are the reasons for your low weight, flatulence and constipation. Another cause could be sensitivity to dairy, beans/peas and other gassy foods. Last but not least you may have worms. Treat this and avoid the above mentioned foods while increasing your food and water intake and I strongly suspect your problems will all disappear. Keep us posted-I'd like to know if this helps you. 'Wishing you good health, MKK
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am 18 years old. I am 5'6 and 127 pounds but I look as if I am pregnant! I have extreme bloating everyday! It doesn't hurt. No, I dont have gas. I am not constipated. It's just really uncomfortable. Some days I cant even button my pants!! My doctor has prescribed me many different meds. None of them seem to work. At first he thought I had excessive stomach acid. The pills he perscribed didn't work. Now he thinks I have IBS. I think he's wrong because I have no symptoms of IBS other than the bloating! Does anyone know how I could get rid of this bloating!? Is there anything I can do? Please help!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement