Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

They can't diagnose me! What's wrong?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 7, 2007
  • 09:56 PM

I am a 23 year old female. For as long as I can remember I've had a problem with excessive belching but nothing else. About six months ago I started getting bloated and having a lot of gas I blew it off but it just got worse. Now I have gas and bloating every day no matter what I eat. No one thing seems to trigger it. I'm 5'7 ad 96 lbs. I haven't had a flat stomach in months. I have slight abdominal pain but nothing too painful it's more like little pin *****s in my stomach. I've just started getting mild ingestion, not heartburn. I don't have diarrhea, but I do get constipated a lot. The bloating may go down for a few days but never goes away there's times when I look 6 months pregnant. I've had a ultrasound, endoscopy, food allergy test, and blood tests and they can't find anything. My GI told me I had celiac now he says I don't. The biopsy showed inflammation and gastritis. I've tried 3 different prescriptions none worked. I've tried everything I think they make that's over the counter, still nothing. Now I think he is just writing it off as IBS but I think that's wrong too. I 'm so embarrassed by the constant gas, bloating, and belching that I just want to be alone all the time. I'm so frustrated what does this sound like?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement