Discussions By Condition: Male sexual conditions

Pain in left testicle

Posted In: Male sexual conditions 18 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 3, 2007
  • 00:48 AM

Hi. I've been trying to get information online but everything sounds so similar that it's confusing. So I figured I'd post my own situation so maybe I could get a better answer.

About two days ago (Saturday) I woke up perfectly fine. About halfway through the day, at work, I started getting a pain my left testicle. It's not a constant pain though. I get it whenever pressure is put on the testicle (sitting down or touching it for example). Also, the pain is in the back of the testicle only, not the whole thing, and not the right one. It's never so bad as to be unbearable; it's just annoying. I've checked myself and I haven't found any lumps. No swelling or change of color either. It's hanging normally as well. So everything is normal except the pain to the touch. I'm hoping it's not a torsion. Hopefully it's just a bruise or something. (I don't know from what though since I'm not very active where it could be hurt.)

Some more info that might help: no injuries lately that I'm aware of. No sexual activity. No strenuous activity. I wear boxers. 18 years old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• Maybe it's from all the bouncing around that goes on when wearing boxers ;) Seriously, it could be something that is just temporary if it came on suddenly. Another thing that I can think of is a condition called vericocele. This happens when the veins in your sack dialate a lot (fill up w/ blood) and can cause soreness (usually happens on only one side). Have you checked your while standing up or sitting down? Try checking yourself while standing and see if you feel any soft veiny stuff (w/ some cases, can feel like small worms).Also, did you get "excited" recently and not able to release? This can cause soreness down there for a while. Definitely keep an eye, or finger rather, on it.
    kman543210 27 Replies Flag this Response
  • You have epididimytis it sounds like, it happens when the tubes leading from your tests get clogged. Check with your doctor, they can give you pills and have you back to running in no time. How do I know? I had the exact same experience.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Okay, I've been up all night worried about this random pain, reading freaky articles about testicular torsion, cancer and such. Now this all has me freaked out and I'm wondering if i should see a doctor. Essentially I've been experiencing mild to average pain in my right testicle and lower right abdomen. I figure this fits the description of Epididymitis, but I cant find any bumps. The pained testicle seems to be retracted higher and my ball sack's skin seems to have darkened a bit. I'm seeing my Doc sometime this week but I'm worried none the less. Any input is appreciated, Thanks!
  • Richard or ***k, i have the same thing, but on the left.
  • guys, if it's going black, it's dying. see a doc NOW.
  • i have pain in my left testicle i have a small pea sized lump i think its a hydrocele thats why the ultrasound didnt show anything because its just fluid. but im off to get it checked again for the like 5th time because it keeps swelling and is really cuasing me pain at night and it just aches real bad it is in my left tube and its pretty high up which could be another reason why the ultrasound didn't show it. so if it is a hydrocele i could have it removed but ive been told it reduces the chance of having kids so i dont know should i just put up with it or have it removed, for a man its really difficult to know wether his bits are 100% and we dont stop untill our mind are rested and we have found out what it is.any suggestions?
    lewis_29 28 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi. I've been trying to get information online but everything sounds so similar that it's confusing. So I figured I'd post my own situation so maybe I could get a better answer.About two days ago (Saturday) I woke up perfectly fine. About halfway through the day, at work, I started getting a pain my left testicle. It's not a constant pain though. I get it whenever pressure is put on the testicle (sitting down or touching it for example). Also, the pain is in the back of the testicle only, not the whole thing, and not the right one. It's never so bad as to be unbearable; it's just annoying. I've checked myself and I haven't found any lumps. No swelling or change of color either. It's hanging normally as well. So everything is normal except the pain to the touch. I'm hoping it's not a torsion. Hopefully it's just a bruise or something. (I don't know from what though since I'm not very active where it could be hurt.)Some more info that might help: no injuries lately that I'm aware of. No sexual activity. No strenuous activity. I wear boxers. 18 years old.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Hey man I got the same problem and its my second day now! Nothing seems unusual on my left testicle everything seems normal, but its a mild pain that seems to come back. I do weight lifting and I dont know if this caused the pain. Im probably going to see a doctor tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay. By the way don't listen to people who tell you what they ''think'' your having they might freak you out lol Also, I want to mention that after a work out I have sometimes this pain in the ball but goes away after several hours. Its an annoying pain. It doesnt happen always, rarely. I guess that if It was an infection then it will swell and become red and youll have a jumbo testicle lol Ill keep you updated man!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2010
    • 02:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi. I've been trying to get information online but everything sounds so similar that it's confusing. So I figured I'd post my own situation so maybe I could get a better answer.About two days ago (Saturday) I woke up perfectly fine. About halfway through the day, at work, I started getting a pain my left testicle. It's not a constant pain though. I get it whenever pressure is put on the testicle (sitting down or touching it for example). Also, the pain is in the back of the testicle only, not the whole thing, and not the right one. It's never so bad as to be unbearable; it's just annoying. I've checked myself and I haven't found any lumps. No swelling or change of color either. It's hanging normally as well. So everything is normal except the pain to the touch. I'm hoping it's not a torsion. Hopefully it's just a bruise or something. (I don't know from what though since I'm not very active where it could be hurt.)Some more info that might help: no injuries lately that I'm aware of. No sexual activity. No strenuous activity. I wear boxers. 18 years old.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Lack of sexual activity...
  • i get it wen i pee, only at the back near the gooch!!also have tiny tiny spots on head of penis??worried abit like, . . . help . . please x
  • Dear Bones and More, Bones, if they are little white spots ( not itchy ) they could be that you are still going through puberty as it is happening to me ( the white spots ), or they could be whiteheads which are just like blackheads, all you need to do is wash them In the morning and night for about 2 - 4 weeks and they should be gone, if not it's just going through puberty and they will be there for about months maybe years but theres nothing to worry about.If they are red and itchy I'd recommend to go and see a doctor. And the peeing, have you checked your doc to see if you have a water infection?To the poster of topic,I have the same problem now but mine is a bit swolen, It is not cancer as I can asure you. I'm a bit worried but as we are only teenagers, they are Really easy to cure. So don't worry mate. I am going to the doctors, but my pain in the groin is getting better as I had it on friday and now today it feels much better and on the back left side of my back it hurts there, but it has gotten better over the past few days on my swelling on the left testicle has gone. Thanks.
  • same. wen im sitting down or walking. looks normal, havnt felt yet (in a public room lol). im 15, dunno if stress from exams is doin it.. but its the last few days it just kinda comes... its not reli a "pain" as such, just "sore" and annoying. only really on the inside side (right hand side of left teste) and the back... dunno wat it is. should i worry?
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• This is got nothing to do with sexual activity itself (or lack of).Now, this is my story, if you guys care to read it, it may help you. I had that pain in March/2007. It started like a very annoying pinch every 10 minutes or so, then after a week I couldn't even walk or sit properly.I went to my GP, who referred me to an urologist. He then requested a scan, and then I was diagnosed with orchiepididymitis on the left testicle. I was given some antibiotics for 2 weeks, and it cleared up, though I still had mild pain for about 6 months after, but not as impairing as it was before, when I could hardly move.But this was 3 years ago. This afternoon, I went to my GP for a routine check, and I asked him to check my testicles, and I've been worrying a lot about testicular cancer.Why have I been worrying? No reason, just the media bombarding me with news articles and websites of dubious origins trying to create a situation of mass hysteria.He checked my left testicle: everything alright, no pain or swelling, absolutely nothing wrong. That one is the testicle with orchiepididymitis, 3 years ago. That was such a relief!I totally relaxed then, as he checked my right testicle. I thought: oh well, there's nothing wrong with that one. Suddenly, he touched an area behind the testicle that nearly made me jump up to the ceiling. That was such a painful surprise, I was absolutely shocked. I never saw that coming.He said as I had orchiepididymitis before, it's very possible that I have that again, this time on the right testicle. He put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks (which by the way I hate, simply hate to have to take any sort of medicine), then we'll see what will be by the end of that.Moral of story: quit searching the Internet. Search for a doctor instead. You'll be so glad you did it...(P.S.: sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. English is not my first language)Good luck to you all.
    DroolyDog 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • i get it wen i pee, only at the back near the gooch!!also have tiny tiny spots on head of penis??worried abit like, . . . help . . please xI have the same thing. I have tiny spots on my Foreskin, and I just got a bit of an ache in the testicle. I think it's just temp tho, everybodies testicles ache occasionally from sitting too long, sitting in funny positions, wearing uncomfortable boxers, etc...just leave it for a while and see if it goes away. If it hasn't by.....Let's say Friday, see a doctor and they'll sort you out. And don't be embarressed if you do-the doctor doesn't care about whether you have a tiny penis or god knows what else, they just care about the problem(s). Chill.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2010
    • 09:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi. I've been trying to get information online but everything sounds so similar that it's confusing. So I figured I'd post my own situation so maybe I could get a better answer.About two days ago (Saturday) I woke up perfectly fine. About halfway through the day, at work, I started getting a pain my left testicle. It's not a constant pain though. I get it whenever pressure is put on the testicle (sitting down or touching it for example). Also, the pain is in the back of the testicle only, not the whole thing, and not the right one. It's never so bad as to be unbearable; it's just annoying. I've checked myself and I haven't found any lumps. No swelling or change of color either. It's hanging normally as well. So everything is normal except the pain to the touch. I'm hoping it's not a torsion. Hopefully it's just a bruise or something. (I don't know from what though since I'm not very active where it could be hurt.)Some more info that might help: no injuries lately that I'm aware of. No sexual activity. No strenuous activity. I wear boxers. 18 years old.Any help would be greatly appreciated!i've been having this same pain for about 4 days now, i'm hoping that it is treatable with medicine but i have not gone to a doctor yet hoping that it subsides on its own.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2010
    • 10:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i get it wen i pee, only at the back near the gooch!!also have tiny tiny spots on head of penis??worried abit like, . . . help . . please xWoah there, tiny spots on head of the penis!?!?!?!?!? STD! HERPES! Get it checked out by a doctor ASAP.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2010
    • 05:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i get it wen i pee, only at the back near the gooch!!also have tiny tiny spots on head of penis??worried abit like, . . . help . . please xuhh yeah you wanna get a STD check, and everyone else with ball pain, you should too just to be on the safe side, I had pain by my left nut,dull pain. Doc said it was a veochoncele how ever you spell it, go worst that night I went to the ER they did a std check and 2 days later it was chymidlia (however you spell that). So yeah just get it checked ERs have the new test where you pee in the cup.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2011
    • 01:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same problem in 20 i get a mild pain in my left testical that seems to come and go. recently i also had what looked to be a bruise or trapped blood in my ball sack the doc didnt know what it was or what caused it . it went after a few days . iv had the pain before this tho and i got a kick in the balls at a match so thats properly what caused the bruise
  • Hi i have had a small ball on my bottom of my left testicle it has been there for years but it just started to hurt two days ago.The pain is like someone keeps flicking your sack like you have a stomach ache but it in your ***** and the ache pain like travels up to .your sotmach and makes it ache also.When i feel(the random ball) it almost does feel like my veins are twisted but when i squeeze the small ball that is under my left testicle its like hard.Exactly like you said too like sitting down makes it ache and if i like touch it then it hurts.Any help people? i know i will have to see a doctor soon but i hate seeing them just like everyone and i know the road to what ever my problem is will most likely be getting it removed aka surgery.Im 27 and only had one surgery and it was on my knee........i value my ***** with higher regards ;).
    DreWstR 1 Replies
    • February 27, 2013
    • 07:51 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement