Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red / purple legs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 29, 2007
  • 08:13 AM

I am 24 and I've been having this weird symptom on my legs/feet for a pretty long time (since I was 15-16, I never had this problem when I was young). Whenever I stand up or just sit down (except lying down), my legs become red/purple, especially during/after shower, and the veins would be extremely obvious, and the skin dry and thick and rough (bumpy), the hair follicles would turn darker red/purple; here's the strange part, they go back to normal looking legs/feet whenever I lie down. I've been hopeless for years since I realized there seems no method or explanation about this weird symptom, and I never wear shorts because my feet look like they have some sort of disease, im pretty upset about it whenever I see everyone else could wear shorts/skirt, people ask me why I still wear jeans in the summer, but I never knew how to answer them. Anyone knows wht this is? I think the prob could be related to poor blood circulation in my legs , but what is causing this problem? I've tried exercising, no help. Ive also tried using loofah to get rid of the bumps, better but the prob is not only on the surface of the skin, but somehow deep down insdie the veins? I've been doing research on the internet, and found some people with the exact same symptoms, part of the prob I have is called KP, its just a skin disorder, but it doesnt relate to the color of the skin, so far I still don't know what the cause is, nor any method in treating this. Please help!! Any information would be helpful, thanks! : (

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement