Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Something moving in my head!

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 4, 2006
  • 01:23 PM

Hi,for the last month I have been going crazy wondering what is wrong with me.It started one afternoon,I was sitting outside in the sun and I felt something move under my skin above my left ear.I thought I was going mad and then it done it again.I put my hand on it and it feels like one huge worm or something.Mum didnt believe me so she felt it and jumped a mile,she said its probably nerves or something.Im worried that its not but im too scared to go to a dr because it sounds stupid. It comes and goes all the time and can keep moving constantly for hours on end and yet again it could not do it for weeks.It kept me up all night lastnight,if I layed on my left side it would hurt when it moved and if I layed on my right side it was just plain annoying.
At first I thought it was funny but now it worries me.
I have been told its an alien....
My dad said my brains trying to escape.....
I get all the little jokes about it :)
Does anyone know what it could be ? or what I should do?

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• Go to the doctor immediately! I personally have muscle spasms all the time. I'm constantly under a major amount of stress, so I'm assuming the scary little jumping sensations (that I can SEE, by the way) is because of my stress. But if you can feel something under your skin that feels like a living thing as opposed to a twitching muscle... tell your parents to take you to the doctor! I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done that as soon as you told them of your problem. If they refuse to take you, go see the school nurse. She probably won't be able to diagnose you, but she should call your parents or send a note home suggesting medical treatment. I don't want to sound like I'm insulting your parents, but maybe an official note or call will be more important to them than you suggesting a trip to the doc yourself...Best of luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2006
    • 10:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I actually saw something similar to this on "Untold stories of the ER" on TLC. The woman that this happened to had vacationed in Costa Rica and a few weeks after she had returned, began complaining of something moving under scalp. Turns out, some sort of insect had burrowed under her scalp and laid eggs. The larvae were safely removed but ***n that would be scary...even if you do not indeed have something literally under your skin, go to a doctor. You may have a pinched nerve or worse.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 6, 2006
    • 00:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I seen something like this on TV too, I think it ended up being a worm in their scalp. Ick!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2006
    • 00:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • these folks are right. Your dad sounds funny, but you should go to the doctor, just to make sure that you do not somehow have a maggot in there. It is most likely an odd twitch, I get spasms, and alot of twitches, and they totally sem like a living thing.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 27, 2006
    • 07:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i swear to god i have the samething let me tell you thing crazy story, i started feeling something moving around my head and it feels like theres little animals in there but remember your scalp is conncted to alottttt of nerves. one day i was testin my self and i went down to my calves when i pushed on my calves i feel this hugeee vibration in my head and everytime i push i feel this tingling. im goin to see my doctor in 2 day it could be that i suffered from an injury and that a veins could be played in this roll that is effecting the nerves on the right side of my head. by the way i injured my hamstring a year ago badly and did not treat it right but now its fine. it could be anything.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I also feel something in my head. I dont know what it is but I was sleep the other night and I felt a lump move in my head. I didn't move because I want to make sure this feeling is for real. My eyes hurt alot. They also turn blood shot red. I also have headaches every day exspecially in the morning. I'm going to the doctor A.s.a.p
  • If you have been overseas in the tropics lately, and you feel something moving in your head, you probably have a botfly growing in your head. Check if where the wiggling is occurring has a "breathe hold" in the skin for the larvae to breathe? If so, cover the hole with damp tobacco and that should send the botfly up and out of your head squirming for air.
  • yes, kiddo...dad is a great chuckle...they need to somehow test you for little critters on your scalp and inside your brain...not sure how they will be able to check for a worm, but sure is possible...saw it on the tv show, too...the guy had a thin thread of a worm that floated inside his head and it went in front of his eyeball when he was in the ER so it was pulled out...did you do some traveling??? no, don't go crazy; you might just be sensitive to your shampoo or something easy to explain...try tapping for it:www.emofree.com
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 20, 2009
    • 07:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I feel a little thing moving in my head, but im afraid if I go to the doctor he wouldnt find and thing or I would not where to point out cause it would have stop moving. What should I do?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2009
    • 03:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yes, i have the same exact movements going on with me..Mine are not lumps(thank God)or knots, but its like several sensations in different areas of my scalp!I have been going crazy lately praying that it is not something bad because; i saw that show about the woman vacationing in another country and it was removed!!But the difference in her situation is that her scalp was sweating...mine is not!When they looked at her scalp, they saw it come up but i have stared into the mirror and waited for the sensations to happen but saw nothing!It feels like its on the surface but it is not visible!!!OMG_I'm glad that its not just me because i thought i was losing it but bow i am a bit more scared!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 29, 2010
    • 00:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi i have been experienceing something similar to this i started feeling movement in the back of my neck like a worm it moves up to my head then i can feel it crawling at first i though i got head lice so i treated my head for lice when that didnt work i shaved my head but im still feeling the crawling in my neck and all over my head im scared now could this thing be eating my brain or breeding in my body
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2010
    • 05:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I also feel something in my head. I dont know what it is but I was sleep the other night and I felt a lump move in my head. I didn't move because I want to make sure this feeling is for real. My eyes hurt alot. They also turn blood shot red. I also have headaches every day exspecially in the morning. I'm going to the doctor A.s.a.pthere's something that moves in my head when i try to sleep too, i rock myself to sleep with my leg and every time i do something moves, it also moves throughout the day sometimes
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement