Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Should I go to the DR for my tick bite?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 16, 2007
  • 10:27 PM

Hello all,
Last weekend I was in East Texas looking for snakes. Saturday evening (around 5) I went walking on a nature trail through a wooded area. Luckily, I found a snake.. However, the next morning, when I got up around 9AM to shower, I noticed in the mirror something dark underneath my chest/on my rib area. After trying to brush it off, and becoming frustrated.. I finally had a closer look and to my horror, it was a tick! I'd never really read about proper tick removal, and had I been in a place with internet access, I would have looked up directions.. but in my panic, I simple pinched myself with toilet paper between my fingers, hard. This removed the tick, and I don't -think- anything was left behind, unless it could be unseen to the naked eye.

Anyway, so all was fine. I had a tiny little pink bump where the bite was. Eventually I forgot about it.. Then thursday night I experienced a sort of dull pain behind my knees, like growing pains I experienced as a child. Also, my skin became allover sensitive to touch, and my kneck/shoulders stiff/sore. These feelings continued throughout the day friday (yesterday), but seem to have subsided today. But I did wake up with a pretty bad headache.. It was only yesterday that I remembered the tick and loosely connected my symptoms with its bite.

Since yesterday, I have been checking the bite frequently in an effort to track any sort of changes. It seems to be more raised than the mark I had before, pimple-like but less red than a pimple.. and today in the afternoon it started itching a little. I don't have a rash--but itching the bite has made my pale skin pink around the area.

Do you think I should go to the doctor, even though the most related symptoms have (to this point) only occurred for 2 days?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement