Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Pain in Iliac Crest - can't figure it out.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 14, 2007
  • 05:16 AM

I have an intermitent, dull pain in not my hip joint, but on what feels like the Iliac Crest (round, top of hip--the one that used to stick out when I was "thinner"). Only on my right side. Pain has been around for about 2-3 years, maybe longer. It comes on, may last for a few days to a few weeks, and then nothing.

I have a lot of pain in general, especially from kidney stones, so I pretty much ignore it. If other pain is bad, then I'll take some pain reliever, but I can feel this pain through a pain killer, be it ibuprofen, vycoden or percocet.

I don't understand why nothing can "reach" the pain. It is not the kind of pain that you would double over with, but it is at times very uncomfortable.

All I have found is that it is related to excercise which I do not do. It is also not tender upon palpation. It is also NOT on both sides, just the right, so I do not think it fits in with Iliact Crest syndrome/back pain either.

I used to have a similar pain in my right hip joint that I no longer have. This Iliac Crest pain seems to have taken over that one, if that makes sense. I DO have a herniated L4, L5, but this started before I herniated the discs (I remember the exact moment I bent over and the discs ripped).

I do have slight scoliosis. Most of the time any "severe" pain I have had is on the right side, be it from kidney stones, etc. I have had my appendix removed. I also have a cyst that has been noted for many years on my Right ovary that has not changed in size.

Of interesting note, I also have 2 Ureters on my Right side discovered during a laser lithotripsy surgery for kidney stones 4 years ago.

I do have lots of other symptoms, but never considered this as part of the "group of symptoms". It is a rather obscure area for pain, I think.

The pain has not changed in frequency, strength or duration since it began. I have not noticed a pattern, either, but that does not mean that there is not a pattern!

Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement