Discussions By Condition: Liver conditions

The final stage of liver cirrhosis

Posted In: Liver conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 9, 2007
  • 02:24 AM

I often wondered what was the final stage of liver cirrhosis since my mom had it. She was NOT an alcoholic. All her liver problems was due to her Hepatitis B and clotted of the bile ducts. I had tried to research the information on the Internet but was not very sucessful. Until I found this website, I found it to be very helpful and gave hope to my family. But in May, I finally got to see the end results of liver cirrhosis because she had passed away. So now I wanted to return the favor by passing my past experiences to a person or other family members who has a loved one with liver cirrhosis and hope it would help them.

That Friday, before she passed away, she was fine. She EVEN did some baking with me. But the following day, she got a little confused. She put on her make-up and painted her nails and thought she was going to see the doctor. Yes, she was going to see the doctor but not until the upcoming Thursday. I just thought she forgot what day it was. She also had some illusions of the couch being on fire. I checked her temperatured and it was 99. I thought she was dehydrated so I forced her to drink every 15 minutes. A couple of hours later I checked her temperature again and it had drop. By Monday, she got worst. She lost all her muscles movements. Her blood pressure was 70/40 so we rushed her to the ER. The doctors placed her in ICU. They said she had two infections in her blood but can not found where it was coming from. The doctors tried their best to cure mom but by Wednesday she passed away at the age of 68. It was not the first time she had the blood infections she had two a month before and even then they did not know where the infections were. Even though I missed her terribly, I know she is in a better place with no suffering.

My point to all of you is DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! BE AWARE OF INFECTIONS!! All my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement