Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

scalp pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 8, 2007
  • 01:35 PM

For the past year and a half I have been dealing with extreme scalp pain/dull burning that is accompanied by hair shedding. The pain never goes away and is present all day at points becoming very intense. I have been to two dermatologists and two neurologists who have done blood tests and tried many different medications to try to resolve the issue. I first went to my family doctor and the pain at that point was not that intense what he notices was all the hair shedding. He told me to use rogaine because he thought I just may be losing my hair, I thought this to be odd since I was 23 at the time and there is no family history of baldness/hairloss. He then referred me to a dermatologist for safe measure and then started the assault of prescriptions. I was given several different topical steroid solution to apply to my scalp. The dermatologists then said after about six months that they had tried everything that they could and referred me to a neurologist. I then went through blood tests for Lupus, lime disease, vitamin defficiencies, and a thyroid problem. All tests resulted in no abnormalities. I was then perscribed: neurontin, tegretol, lyrica, amytriptaline, and percocet. None of these have helped at all. The only repreive from the pain comes from submersing my head in ice water and this only lasts for about five minutes. Has anyone heard of a similar problem or an actual condition of this. Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement